Atlantis changed owner/group of xbmc.app
Prior to installing Atlantis final, I was able to SFTP to my appletv and install skins, now since installing Atlantis today, I'm getting access errors when trying to copy to the skin folder. I checked the xbmc.app with GetInfo and the owner/group for the folder is root/admin. I checked the boxee.app and the owner/group is frontrow/frontrow.

Can someone tell me how to gain access to the xbmc.app folder (and subfolders) so I can add the Horizonz skin?

Thanks!!!!

Kevin
kkj1961 Wrote:Prior to installing Atlantis final, I was able to SFTP to my appletv and install skins, now since installing Atlantis today, I'm getting access errors when trying to copy to the skin folder. I checked the xbmc.app with GetInfo and the owner/group for the folder is root/admin. I checked the boxee.app and the owner/group is frontrow/frontrow.

Can someone tell me how to gain access to the xbmc.app folder (and subfolders) so I can add the Horizonz skin?

The proper owner/group of anything inside /Applications is root/admin and OSX will reset owner/group to that if repair permissions is ever run.

So to do what you want, sftp the files into /Users/frontrow, the ssh in and move them where you want using cp or mv with sudo in front. But, you should be putting additions into

/User/frontrow/Application\ Support/XBMC

that way, an update will not wipe them out.
So should the upgrade to Atlantis have wiped all the user settings?
I just did the upgrade via XBMC Launcher .6 and none of my shares are there. Also had to re-calibrate video settings and as posted by pender, have been unable to save the settings.

I've been unable to find the directory specified by davilla. Is this where I need to save skins, scripts etc?
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC

One last question. I had Ajax installed on the previous version and can't seem to install it on this version. I've tried via XBMC Addons and SFTP but no luck!

Thanks

bud
budrick Wrote:So should the upgrade to Atlantis have wiped all the user settings?
I just did the upgrade via XBMC Launcher .6 and none of my shares are there. Also had to re-calibrate video settings and as posted by pender, have been unable to save the settings.

I've been unable to find the directory specified by davilla. Is this where I need to save skins, scripts etc?
/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC

One last question. I had Ajax installed on the previous version and can't seem to install it on this version. I've tried via XBMC Addons and SFTP but no luck!

Thanks

bud

"/mnt/Scratch/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC" is same as "/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC"

You also need to delimit the " " (space) or quote the entire path.

/Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC
OK. Thanks for that Davilla.

Have you been able to get xbmc addons to work with the ATV? I get to 28% then get an error any time I try to install scripts or plugins. Also do you use ajax or iBrowser to access the web server?
budrick Wrote:OK. Thanks for that Davilla.

Have you been able to get xbmc addons to work with the ATV? I get to 28% then get an error any time I try to install scripts or plugins. Also do you use ajax or iBrowser to access the web server?

Have not tried, there's some rumblings about problems with scripts/plugins on the private teamxbmc irc. It's being looked into.
One final question.
Ajax needs to be installed in the xbmc/web (xbox file structure?) Where do I install on ATV?
budrick Wrote:One final question.
Ajax needs to be installed in the xbmc/web (xbox file structure?) Where do I install on ATV?

Sorry not a clue about Ajax, the only xbmc/web is

/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Resources/XBMC/web/

sudo in front of any cp/mv as owner/qroup is root/admin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Atlantis changed owner/group of xbmc.app0