• 5(current)
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released
Sorry, from what I see I have .06 and in the 3rd party plugins it says I can update to .09. It doesn't work. When I try to update it tells me to go to SCRIPTS and to select FIXPERM. When I go into scripts, the white apple logo appears twice and then it boots me back to the main ATV screen.

In 3rd party plugins btw, I cannnot update anything at all. I can't even dl couchsurfer.

I'm sorry i'm such a pain in the ***.
launcher 0.6 -> atv-win-1.0.b08
launcher 0.8 -> atv-win-1.0.b11

you need launcher 0.8 for appletv os r2.3+
davilla Wrote:launcher 0.6 -> atv-win-1.0.b08

But How do I get launcher 0.8 if it won't let me update anything !?
build a patchstick with atv-win-1.0.b11, repatch, check version.
davilla Wrote:sure sign, a) try another USB flash drive or b) make sure you use "Device Mode" the the USB Image tool.

fixed. It was B. Clear case of RTM.

Thanks very much Scott.

Rgds,
Alex
davilla Wrote:build a patchstick with atv-win-1.0.b11, repatch, check version.

Rebuilt a patchstick with .b11 and it still has version .06.

Is there a way of putting it on the stick seperately ?
ianfrommontreal Wrote:Rebuilt a patchstick with .b11 and it still has version .06.

Is there a way of putting it on the stick seperately ?

not from a windows host.
So, if I can get a hold of a mac, all I need to do is make a patchstick and it'll work ?

Thanks again for your time.
ianfrommontreal Wrote:So, if I can get a hold of a mac, all I need to do is make a patchstick and it'll work ?

Thanks again for your time.

build a patchstick with atv-win-1.0.b11 and it should work. atv-win-1.0.b11 has Launcher 0.8 inside.
It works, thank you for all your help !

Downloading updates this minute.
Of course, I knew this couldn't be the end. XBMC works really well but Boxee doesn't want to load up. Is it because it isn't supported by windows or is it only because I didn't update the launcher ?

I updated boxee and xbmc but not the launcher.
always, always update the launcher first.
Thumbs Up 
Thank you Davilla and the XBMC development team for this wonderful product. I mostly use my ATV for music and XBMC allows me to use FLAC files and have gapless playback with Replay Gain. That's everything I wanted for music.

ATV should be shipped with XBMC. Awesome product, awesome installation. Thank you!
Always, always update launcher. I did so and voila ! xbmc/boxee wasn't there anymore and I freaked, but found that it was just moved. Thanks again for all your help.

Now I have to find a way to stream mlb.tv and myp2p for it to be all worth it Oo
davilla Wrote:launcher 0.6 -> atv-win-1.0.b08

I spent a good deal of time trying to get this to work using atv-win-1.0.b11, but would always end up with 0.6 and couldn't update. Finally i looked as the bat files were running and it appears the one without ssh has 0.8, but the other still has 0.6. Wish I had looked earlier!!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] XBMC ATV Patchstick Creator for Windows released1