Music Ratings?
When scanning into the Library, where does XBMC get its music ratings from? I've checked my MP3 files and the 'RATING WMP' tag doesn't always match the rating shown in XBMC (sometimes they're close but rarely do they match). As a test, I deleted my library when installing the Atlantis final and re-scanned all my music. The same ratings appeared. Is there some other tag I'm supposed to be using for ratings? I can quickly use a macro in MP3TAG to update all my songs with the recommended field.

Another odd thing when scanning my library. It never gets all the artists in one scan. I always have to do 2 or 3 passes to pickup the missing artists. In my case after my 'Who, The', folder, it doesn't add my 'Yes' or 'ZZ Top' folder unless I select 'Update Library'.
XBMC uses the standard tag. POPM from memory.

XBMC is trying to help reform your music taste by not adding ZZ Top. The Who should get added no problem though :p

If you can get the scanning problem reproducible, do a debug log while it's scanning.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry for the late followup, but I finally researched this POPM rating. It appears that it was standard OP in Windows Media Player 9. Unfortunately MS switched to the 'RATING WMP' field in WMP 10 and 11. Is there anyway that XBMC can be configured to use that field if present? I spent more time than I'd like to admit rating my library in WMP 11 (I even use MusicBridge to keep the ratings in Sync with Itunes). I can't find an easy way to convert my 'RATING WMP's to POPM's. Unless someone can recommend an app that can automate the conversion. POPM's allow more options for ratings and it would be nice to have 1/2 star ratings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Ratings?0