Screensaver
Ok, so, I got everything installed and working the way that i wanted. wow, what a great program. My regards to anyone who was involved with the creation of this wonderful software.

Something I can't get going though. The screensaver kicks on, but, only for about 1 second. Then the screen comes back on.

It does the same thing when i hit "preview" for the screensaver. Any ideas on why this would happen?

Gary Smile
My best guess is all the chatter that was connected to XBMC Beta2 and the incompatiblity with the ATV screensaver. I turned my ATV screensaver off during the Beta2 days and all was well. Now with Atlantis, it's plausible that the XBMC code is controlling it ?? Either way, the safe bet is to just leave the ATV screensaver disabled and just use the XBMC screensaver. C'mon .. other than watching movie trailers in "true ATV" mode, XBMC should be the only app running if your ATV is not in standby .. right? heehhehe Cool
XBMC4Ever Wrote:My best guess is all the chatter that was connected to XBMC Beta2 and the incompatiblity with the ATV screensaver. I turned my ATV screensaver off during the Beta2 days and all was well. Now with Atlantis, it's plausible that the XBMC code is controlling it ?? Either way, the safe bet is to just leave the ATV screensaver disabled and just use the XBMC screensaver. C'mon .. other than watching movie trailers in "true ATV" mode, XBMC should be the only app running if your ATV is not in standby .. right? heehhehe Cool

Sorry. My bad. I should have mentioned that i have XBMC running on my iMac. Not my Apple TV. Did I post my question in the correct spot? Sorry Sad I'm new to this.
GaryJ73167 Wrote:Sorry. My bad. I should have mentioned that i have XBMC running on my iMac. Not my Apple TV. Did I post my question in the correct spot? Sorry Sad I'm new to this.

Smile you're in the right place, sometime it help to prefix [OSX] to the topic to help point out that this is an [OSX] topic and not an [APPLETV] topic. This is not a hard rule but helps.

Disabling the native screensaver was an item that got pushed to 9.04 because I did not like the method used by (ahm) some other forks of XBMC and bacically ran out of time to find a better method.

Right now XBMC for Mac on OSX is using a simple call that tells OSX that it's busy even when it's not. This causes the native screensaver to not kick in but as you have reported, there must be some race condition where the native screensaver will kick in and out again.
davilla Wrote:Smile you're in the right place, sometime it help to prefix [OSX] to the topic to help point out that this is an [OSX] topic and not an [APPLETV] topic. This is not a hard rule but helps.

Disabling the native screensaver was an item that got pushed to 9.04 because I did not like the method used by (ahm) some other forks of XBMC and bacically ran out of time to find a better method.

Right now XBMC for Mac on OSX is using a simple call that tells OSX that it's busy even when it's not. This causes the native screensaver to not kick in but as you have reported, there must be some race condition where the native screensaver will kick in and out again.

Understood.

Well, if I read your laast post correctly, I think you were suggesting that i disable the screensaver in OSX.

I just tried that, and, the screensaver in XBMC still wont work. Strange though, because, it kicks on for about 1 second, them, goes back to the normal XBMC screen kinda like I moved the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.

By the way, thanks for the quick reply(s). Smile
GaryJ73167 Wrote:Understood.

Well, if I read your laast post correctly, I think you were suggesting that i disable the screensaver in OSX.

I just tried that, and, the screensaver in XBMC still wont work. Strange though, because, it kicks on for about 1 second, them, goes back to the normal XBMC screen kinda like I moved the mouse or hit a key on the keyboard.

By the way, thanks for the quick reply(s). Smile

Ok. Strange thing. If I set my scrensaver for the "Pictures Slide Show" it works Smile

I think I can live with that. As long as I'm avoiding getting screen burn, I'm happy Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver0