How much code-share between xbmc for xbox and the linuxport?
I have a question about how much of the code the linuxport shares with the xboxb, most when it comes to things like libDVDCSS...
I find deviations from upstream in those dirs, but it seems they are xbox-realtive, and how much of those changes has to be ported when you want to pull a new version of the upstream source?

Why I ask is becouse that there are some problems in the tree for some gentoo-users becouse of mismatching versions of automake/autoconf/libtool in the generated files in the source tree (where the last one is a big troublemaker) and autoreconf can be needed in some directories before you can build things. Some of the sources however in the tree has old Makefile.*/ configure.ac and so on that does not work good with newer versions of autoconf/automake but in upstreams sources are fixes.

So how bad is it to just drop the source in the tree and go for the upstream version without porting?
Or should we patch the shit out of your tree to make the old source work with new libtool (and so on and so forth).
We still use -D_XBOX to enable our upstream patches in the linuxport (most libs were just taken directly from the orginal xbox versions and the build system sorted). Patches are most definitely welcome to use system wide libs where appropriate. Just be sure they retain the abilities to access our VFS.
althekiller Wrote:We still use -D_XBOX to enable our upstream patches in the linuxport (most libs were just taken directly from the orginal xbox versions and the build system sorted). Patches are most definitely welcome to use system wide libs where appropriate. Just be sure they retain the abilities to access our VFS.

How much of the xbox-buildsystem do you use?
You have a clue about how many of the _XBOX-patches are xbox-specific or xbmc-specific?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How much code-share between xbmc for xbox and the linuxport?0