a lot of things
First of all I must say that I have been dreaming of this day (when I have a macmini and a flat tv on the wall) and I am so happy.

As a recent xbox owner I now that a great mediacenter comes from the opensource and not from some company that doesnt know what it is all about.

Now to business...

1. I read an article about plex so I tried it out.
Nice GUI and so on but not quit there...
2. of course I had to get the real deal so tonight I downloaded xbmc for mac and the first thing that struck me was WOW. Its beatiful and exact the right amount of functions that I want. Happy and all I organized my series in folders and laid back in my sofa to watch some prisonbreak (720p)
To my disappointment there was coming disturbing lines all over the picture like in interlacing or something. It looked like the bottom half of the picture didnt have the same frame as the upper half at the same time.
:-(

So I thought it was the rip itself and tried it in plex... it ran smoothly...

what can I do to get the same performance in XBMC as in plex when it comes to watching divx...?

please help. I already told my wife that the money for the macmini will pay it self when she see the mediacenter...Huh
maccis Wrote:First of all I must say that I have been dreaming of this day (when I have a macmini and a flat tv on the wall) and I am so happy.

As a recent xbox owner I now that a great mediacenter comes from the opensource and not from some company that doesnt know what it is all about.

Now to business...

1. I read an article about plex so I tried it out.
Nice GUI and so on but not quit there...
2. of course I had to get the real deal so tonight I downloaded xbmc for mac and the first thing that struck me was WOW. Its beatiful and exact the right amount of functions that I want. Happy and all I organized my series in folders and laid back in my sofa to watch some prisonbreak (720p)
To my disappointment there was coming disturbing lines all over the picture like in interlacing or something. It looked like the bottom half of the picture didnt have the same frame as the upper half at the same time.
:-(

So I thought it was the rip itself and tried it in plex... it ran smoothly...

what can I do to get the same performance in XBMC as in plex when it comes to watching divx...?

please help. I already told my wife that the money for the macmini will pay it self when she see the mediacenter...Huh

turn on vsync
Try this: Go to System / Appearance / Screen and set "Vertical Blanc Sync" to "Always Enabled"
Make sure you enable vsync in settings->video->player. For some reason it's still shipping with the default to off (we have to fix that!) That's the only difference plex has in this regard.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

haha - overwhelmed with responses Smile

Welcome to the forums!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I so love this.

You will be hearing more from me...
I will explore and use this app til it wears out my harddrive :-)

thx again

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
a lot of things0