[WINDOWS] Add native LCD and VFD display support to XBMC for Windows source code?
andye26 Wrote:Konstantin
All I did was create a new http command called getlcd (modified version of getcurrentlyplaying) which outputs a small web page with information more suitable for a lcd.
The plugin for lcdsmartie just reads the text from some lines on this web page.

Andy

any chance you could post this code, i've writen a plugin for lcd smartie which uses a very similar feature to this, and it would be easy to alter it to work with xbmc.

It would be great if you could get the code accepted in to the projects so we can all benefit.
Is this something that should be requested through a trac ticket? I also have this futaba lcd and would like make use of it in xbmc.
Any progress made? Does someone actually have it working?
Herak Wrote:any chance you could post this code, i've writen a plugin for lcd smartie which uses a very similar feature to this, and it would be easy to alter it to work with xbmc.

It would be great if you could get the code accepted in to the projects so we can all benefit.

Any update on this? and LCD smartie plugin for xbmc would be great. the lcd is the final thing to sort on the htpc....
Hi
Is there any place I can upload the 2 modified files?
It would be good if it can be added to the source (until there is a better solution for windows), But dont think my code if up to xbmc standard.
If anyone wants to tweak if or think its good enough for the source feel free to add it.

Code may be clunky but works ok for me

After code is compiled download webtxt plugin from lcdsmartie homepage then add the following 2 lines to lcd smartie

$dll(webtxt,1,http://127.0.0.1/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=getlcd,01#3)

$dll(webtxt,1,http://127.0.0.1/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=getlcd,01#2)

Regards
Andy
Andy, Mediafire.com looks like the normal place people upload zips.

Also do you have a copy of the Webtxt plugin for LCD Smartie? It looks like the site that was hosting it had it's domain expire and then renewed by a squatter.
I just completed writing a simple LCD Smartie plugin for XBMC.

The LCD on my case is 2x16 so the plugin is currently tweaked to those dimensions, but it would be trivial to make it support other sizes.

You can download a copy of the compiled plugin and source code from: http://sscorpio.com/xbmc-lcdsmartie.zip I was only able to get a .NET 1.1 DLL to interface to LCD Smartie, so I was forced to use VB.NET as it was the only VS.NET 2003 disk I have available at the moment. If someone wants to port it to C#, be my guest.

Currently the plug displays the following.
Current time and date when XBMC is not playing anything or it is not running.
Movie: Movie Title, and Time/Duration
TV: Show Name - SeasonXEpisode - Episode Title, and Time/Duration
Audio: Artist - Album - Track Title, and Time/Duration
Picture: Filename

My ultimate goal is to have the plugin support a configuration file that the user would be able to enter configuration like the existing LCD.xml file that would change what is displayed.

The problem I have is that I am using the stock HTTPAPI interface which does not appear to have access to every single variable. If people could try out the plugin and let me know if it works for them, and then also list other things they would like to output I could start compiling a list and see what I will and won't be able to do.
SScorpio Wrote:I just completed writing a simple LCD Smartie plugin for XBMC.

The LCD on my case is 2x16 so the plugin is currently tweaked to those dimensions, but it would be trivial to make it support other sizes.

You can download a copy of the compiled plugin and source code from: http://sscorpio.com/xbmc-lcdsmartie.zip I was only able to get a .NET 1.1 DLL to interface to LCD Smartie, so I was forced to use VB.NET as it was the only VS.NET 2003 disk I have available at the moment. If someone wants to port it to C#, be my guest.

Currently the plug displays the following.
Current time and date when XBMC is not playing anything or it is not running.
Movie: Movie Title, and Time/Duration
TV: Show Name - SeasonXEpisode - Episode Title, and Time/Duration
Audio: Artist - Album - Track Title, and Time/Duration
Picture: Filename

My ultimate goal is to have the plugin support a configuration file that the user would be able to enter configuration like the existing LCD.xml file that would change what is displayed.

The problem I have is that I am using the stock HTTPAPI interface which does not appear to have access to every single variable. If people could try out the plugin and let me know if it works for them, and then also list other things they would like to output I could start compiling a list and see what I will and won't be able to do.

I am having some trouble getting lcdsmartie to recognize this xbmc.dll plugin. I have placed the xbmc.dll into the lcdsmartie plugin directory, but it doesn't seem to load into the interface. Is there something I must do to a lcdsmartie configuration file?

I am running version 5.4 of lcdsmartie.

Thanks for your help
Enter the following 2 lines after placing xbmc.dll into the plugins folder
$dll(xbmc,1,1,anytextyouwant)
$dll(xbmc,1,2,anytextyouwant)

Not sure if that is SScorpio latest ver tho. Latest build has a few fixes.

Great plugin does exactly what it says on the tin

Andy
andye26 Wrote:Enter the following 2 lines after placing xbmc.dll into the plugins folder
$dll(xbmc,1,1,anytextyouwant)
$dll(xbmc,1,2,anytextyouwant)

Not sure if that is SScorpio latest ver tho. Latest build has a few fixes.

Great plugin does exactly what it says on the tin

Andy

Sorry for my ignorance, where do I enter these 2 lines?
Enter the 2 lines on the screens page in lcd smartie
Under screens settings

Andy
I just updated the zip file with a new version, though the link is the same so you will always get the latest version by downloading from that link. The code is a little cleaner and there is a bug fix that corrects an issue that occurs when the playing video or audio file doesn't contain any information.

There is now also a xbmc.dll.config file. Currently only the server address and port values are used by the program. So you can now change what port your XBMC webserver is running on without needing to do a custom compile.

My future plans are to have the other items in the config file control what is being displayed just like the existing lcd.xml file that is included with XBMC.
Does this work for the Futaba DM-140GINK? I haven't been able to get mine to display anything.
This plugin is run through LCD Smartie so any LCD/VFD that it supports will work. The LCD Smartie homepage lists Futaba VFDs as supported, but they don't list model numbers.

Download the latest version of LCD Smartie, extract it, then run it. Once it's running select setup and then select the futabavfd_lcd.dll from the display plugin dialog. You should immediately see the default LCD Smartie screens appear on your display. If not I can't help you as it's an LCD Smartie issue and has nothing to due with my plugin. Just be aware that the majority of the LCD Smartie display plugins require you to install the normal drivers/software for your display.
SScorpio, what kind of LCD/VFD are you actually using?

The topic starter uses a Hiper VFD, which (I think) is a Futaba DM-140GINK, the same used in my SCALEO E. However this VFD is controlled through USB and LCDsmartie only supports Parallel or Serial interfaces as far as I can figure out............

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Add native LCD and VFD display support to XBMC for Windows source code?0