new user, some questions
After happily using mediaportal for a long time, I thought I give XBMC a try.

I have all my music tagged, and covers inside the mp3. So basically I dont want XMBC to touch them. I have a directory for each artist, and their albums are subdirectories of this directory. Now I want a folder.jpg for each artist in their own directory.

Now I see several options:

1) Get Albuminformation on scan
2) Get Artistinformation on scan

What do they do? will 2 do what I want? And will 1 do what I defenitly do not want?

I also see an option 'do not show artist on compilations' , what does that mean. What is required for an album to be seen as a compilation?

The last question for now:

I am using the MCE remote. But I have not figured out what the 'menu' key is (ESC on the keyboard). I pressed every button but so far, I never get 'back' a menu level.

Thanks
I cant help with the first one, but I would look at installing a free app called eventghost, it allows you to map all the remote keys to xbmc exactly how you want them and its easy to use Smile (just make sure you get the latest beta build as it has an xbmc plug in)
geedsen Wrote:After happily using mediaportal for a long time, I thought I give XBMC a try.

I have all my music tagged, and covers inside the mp3. So basically I dont want XBMC to touch them. I have a directory for each artist, and their albums are subdirectories of this directory. Now I want a folder.jpg for each artist in their own directory.

Now I see several options:

1) Get Albuminformation on scan
2) Get Artistinformation on scan

What do they do? will 2 do what I want? And will 1 do what I defenitly do not want?

I also see an option 'do not show artist on compilations' , what does that mean. What is required for an album to be seen as a compilation?

The last question for now:

I am using the MCE remote. But I have not figured out what the 'menu' key is (ESC on the keyboard). I pressed every button but so far, I never get 'back' a menu level.

Thanks

Use the BACKSPACE key to get back one level. It doesn't work everywhere but work for tv shows for instance.
| Intel Quad Core 9400 @ 2.66Ghz | Asus P5Q Motherboard | Corsair PC6400 DDR2 4096MB @ 800Mhz | 4 SATA HD's| Gainward Geforce 9800 GT 1GB | Terratec DMX 6fire 24/96 soundcard | Samsung 225BW 22" Monitor| Antec Three Hundred Case| Windows XP Pro (Vista sucks) | Telia 24Mbit DSL | iPhone 16Gb Black| Ipod Touch 8Gb | Samsung 46" LCD TV LE-46A557 |
BACKSPACE key on the remote?
Listen to James141. Your MCE remote will not work out of the box besides the arrows and the ok button. Use eventghost or another method stated in the forums here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new user, some questions0