• 11(current)
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac
I have tried very hard, and still can't make this ***** to work!!!
"eye tv server unreachable" is all I get.
Tried both 127.0.0.1 and actual IP = nope
Tried the url in Safari = nope
Added xbmcswift 0.2.0 = nope

Tried with Eye TV on / Eye TV app off and tried again in XBMC with each of the above settings = nope
Is iPhone option turned on in EyeTV = Yes

I give up.

My setup is as follows:
Mac Mini OS X 10.7.3
Eye TV DTT 3.5.4
XBMC 11
Eye TV parser for xbmc, updated.

(2012-03-20, 21:07)wimmy Wrote: I have tried very hard, and still can't make this ***** to work!!!
"eye tv server unreachable" is all I get.
Tried both 127.0.0.1 and actual IP = nope
Tried the url in Safari = nope
Added xbmcswift 0.2.0 = nope

Tried with Eye TV on / Eye TV app off and tried again in XBMC with each of the above settings = nope
Is iPhone option turned on in EyeTV = Yes

I give up.

My setup is as follows:
Mac Mini OS X 10.7.3
Eye TV DTT 3.5.4
XBMC 11
Eye TV parser for xbmc, updated.

If you can't make it work in safari, it won't work in XBMC.
1. EyeTV app has to be running
2. Option "iPhone Access" shall be selected
3. In safari (on the same mac), go to: http://localhost:2170/eyetv
4. You should see the EyeTV Live3G homepage

If that doesn't work, check Elgato support
Look at: EyeTV for iPhone / iPad / Live3G Troubleshooting

xbmc.log: /Users/<username>/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks Benjee, figured out last night there had to be something wrong with the Live3G part, which
I hadn't heard about until I fiddled with it for the iPad. Will conduct some tests tonight and report back.
A question though: does Eye TV have to be running with or without the video feed ?
Otherwise this means you have a live video feed running on Eye TV and the same on XBMC?
Or two different feeds? Wondering about bandwidth.

(2012-03-21, 09:19)wimmy Wrote: A question though: does Eye TV have to be running with or without the video feed ?

EyeTV should be running without any video feed selected.
Hi out there,

i'am running the latest eden and an eyetvnetstream on my mac mini.
When I open the adon i can see all my live-tv-channels, but
trying to open ones doesn't work:
device busy.

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!
(2012-03-31, 20:03)gagadu Wrote: Hi out there,

i'am running the latest eden and an eyetvnetstream on my mac mini.
When I open the adon i can see all my live-tv-channels, but
trying to open ones doesn't work:
device busy.

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Usually "Device is busy" is raised when the device can't change channel (there is a recording in progress or you are already watching another channel with the EyeTV app).
Could you post your debug log? There should be the error code ('live/tuneto error code: %d') when trying to request the channel url.
Hi Beenje,

thanks for your response, here is what i found:

13:52:15 T:2955980800 ERROR: live/tuneto error code: -1
13:52:15 T:2955980800 DEBUG: unable to load /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/language/German/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0
(2012-04-01, 13:56)gagadu Wrote: 13:52:15 T:2955980800 ERROR: live/tuneto error code: -1
13:52:15 T:2955980800 DEBUG: unable to load /Users/itunes/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/language/German/strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0

If I'm right, -1 should be kEyeToEyeTuneToChannelWifiAccessOffError.
But you should have an error before if the wifi access was off.

It might works differently with eyetvnetstream.
Have you tried with safari? If you open http://localhost:2170/eyetv can you watch a channel?
If it works, the best would be if you could do a capture of the traffic on port 2170 with wireshark.
Hi guys I've registered today...

I can watch eyetv in XBMC but resolution and quality of images is really poor...

Any solutionHuh
(2012-04-09, 16:25)qxo34 Wrote: Hi guys I've registered today...

I can watch eyetv in XBMC but resolution and quality of images is really poor...

Any solutionHuh

This plugin uses the eyetv iPhone access. Video is encoded with a 400x300 resolution by the EyeTV app.
Only parameter that can be changed is the bitrate (which should be set to the max value by default).
So unfortunately not much can be done.
We could ask Elgato to give us a real API :-)
(2012-04-09, 18:18)Beenje Wrote: We could ask Elgato to give us a real API :-)

Good luck Wink Its a pity because you've done an excellent job with the add-on. I particularly want to use it through here because I prefer the 2.35:1 aspect which the native eyetv app doesn't have. I have also requested elgato to add this but...?
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

cmon why I see all channel live and recording with cut/bad resolutionnnn!!!!

make XBMC eyeTV friendly thing!!!
First of all... thanks for the plugin! I hadn't expected to find anything that would allow connectivity with EyeTV, so this makes my atvs so much more useful!!

#1. Now I'm not sure if I'm trying to do something unsupported, or whether this is an issue with the skin I'm using (Quartz), however in order to 'pretty up' the EyeTV Parser, I was hoping to attach thumb images to the channels in the line-up, however once I apply a thumb then back out of the information screen, the thumb/fanart information is lost, and nothing shows on the line-up page. If I return to the 'Set Thumb' page it is reset to 'No Thumb'.

Is there any way of applying thumb-art to the channels that you know of? Or is this not possible?

#2. Feature request: Some way of specifying the the aspect ratio of the TV stream would be awesome (if at all possible). I use EyeTV to show over-the-air channels, and many of them are 4:3, however when viewing them using EyeTV Parser, they appear to be resized to 1:1 (so squashed horizontally with large black bars). Could there be any way of specifying the default aspect/stretching-mode to use for each channel? (or based on the source aspect?)

#3. Feature request: It would be great if I could assign specific channels as 'favorites', allowing me to jump quickly to commonly used channels. (The Quartz skin allows favourites to be accessed from the main page, which is where I would use this feature)
(2012-06-25, 18:36)buncle Wrote: First of all... thanks for the plugin! I hadn't expected to find anything that would allow connectivity with EyeTV, so this makes my atvs so much more useful!!

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm back from long vacations and will try to look at #1.
For #2, I'm afraid this is not possible. At least not with what I know of the EyeTV API.
I will also look if #3 is possible.

Hello, just installed XBMC on a Mac Mini with EyeTV. LiveTV works, Recordings does not --- I get addon.py script failed. Any idea what's causing this?

The source is both added and on the local machine in the standard ~/Documents/EyeTV Archive directory. "username" is not the real user directory, but only change to logs and settings.

Logs:
18:03:46 T:2954383360 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:03:49 T:2954383360 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:03:49 T:2954383360 ERROR: Error Type: <class 'xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError'>
18:03:49 T:2954383360 ERROR: Error Contents: not well-formed (invalid token): line 621, column 17
18:03:49 T:2954383360 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/addon.py", line 96, in <module>
plugin.run()
File "/Users/zalamba/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 330, in run
self.dispatch(self.path)
File "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/script.module.xbmcswift/lib/xbmcswift/plugin.py", line 129, in dispatch
return view_func(**items)
File "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/addon.py", line 79, in show_recordings
eyetv = Eyetv(archivePath, sortMethod)
File "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/lib/eyetv_parser.py", line 88, in __init__
plist = Plist().load(localXml)
File "/Users/username/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.eyetv.parser/resources/lib/eyetv_parser.py", line 66, in load
for action, elem in parser:
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 937, in next
self._parser.feed(data)
File "/Applications/XBMC.app/Contents/Frameworks/lib/python2.6/xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1245, in feed
self._parser.Parse(data, 0)
ExpatError: not well-formed (invalid token): line 621, column 17

settings.xml
<settings>
<setting id="archivePath" value="/Users/username/Documents/EyeTV Archive/" />
<setting id="bitrate" value="4" />
<setting id="passwdEnabled" value="false" />
<setting id="password" value="" />
<setting id="server" value="127.0.0.1" />
<setting id="sortMethod" value="0" />
</settings>
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] EyeTV Parser (Video Plugin) Addon - Adds EyeTV read support to XBMC for Mac3