mac screen sharing/mirroring
Hi trying to prevent having buying mac mini just for media centre. I have imac in same room as av equipement (office) so ideally just use my imac for xbmc and project on my home theatre projector. Works well but haven't figured out how to easily configure my screen sharing so just xbmc is on external display and normal desktop is on internal display. I can mirror the screens but then when I go to watch xbmc I have to lower the resoution for the proejctor. Pain in the ***. Anyone have any suggestions on how to easily configure external display for xbmc only and not effect imac screen?

Kindly advise. G
bourbon Wrote:Hi trying to prevent having buying mac mini just for media centre. I have imac in same room as av equipement (office) so ideally just use my imac for xbmc and project on my home theatre projector. Works well but haven't figured out how to easily configure my screen sharing so just xbmc is on external display and normal desktop is on internal display. I can mirror the screens but then when I go to watch xbmc I have to lower the resoution for the proejctor. Pain in the ***. Anyone have any suggestions on how to easily configure external display for xbmc only and not effect imac screen?

Move the windowed xbmc display onto the second screen, type "\" to go to fullscreen. There's an overscan/calibration issue present in Atlantis, a fix is being tested.
thanks but can you describe exactly how to move the xbmc to another screen?
bourbon Wrote:thanks but can you describe exactly how to move the xbmc to another screen?

This is a basic operation using a windowing operating system, windows have titlebars, move mouse cursor to window titlebar, mousedown-hold on titlebar, drag window using mouse other screen.

If you don't see a titlebar, either you are running fullscreen or your resolution settings are messed up.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mac screen sharing/mirroring0