Lots of problems with 8.10
First of all I'd like to appreciate work done on this, because I like it very much. But unfortunately I am experiencing a lots of trouble with it.

1) video - I have absolutely no idea how make it scan my video sources. How to make it remember what content type movies are (every tyme I fill the form and choose OK, it forget it all right after)

2) it doesn't search the IMDB for file information, even I had set the network up.

3) photos - it doesn't create thumbnails and in all views I see just those grey squares, or directory icons.

4) audio - the same problem as in video

5) view types - it really doesn't remember any view I choose

Nontheless it plays all files I have, pictures rotate due to exif and visual performance is just perfect. Just these fatal things makes me a little disappointed.

I've read the online manual like thousand times and tryed everything I thought it might help, but no result. Can somebody help me. Please?

Thanks a lot.
I found out that whan I remove -p from the lunch command of the xbmc, it is all working. What does the parameter do?

thx
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_for_Win...tories_.3F
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
A debug log would help us finding the issue.
Do you have a windows user name with a special character by chance?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I use Admin windows profile. But there is no such directory as AppData in my Documents and Settings. Might that be a problem? I have Application Data and localized directory in my native language. And in that (localized) directory exists the XBMC directory. And native version of Aplication Data contains one special character.

And I had reinstall the XBMC this morning so I've lost the debug log Sad. But now it works fine Smile
Application Data is correct, at least for XP (no idea in Vista).
Corrected the XP part.
Thanks Sho.

XBMC retrieves the user profile path from windows. If there's an special character inside we can't write with any function since we still have some flaws there. Using the installation directory userdir doesn't work in Vista when not logged on as admin.
OK. I'm running on WXP, so I can use the installation directory, right? I'll try to solve this issue on my side.

Nonetheless thanks a lot for help.
Is there some solution for this?

WiSo Wrote:T

XBMC retrieves the user profile path from windows. If there's an special character inside we can't write with any function since we still have some flaws there.

I am using WinXP Czech version => I have problem with international char and XBMC is now working well (video library is not working etc).
Only a workaround. Remove the -p from the xbmc shortcut. XBMC will store then everything in it's installation directory. That will only work if you
a) are admin on Vista (XP should be fine)
b) have no special character in your installation directory
Yes. I can verify that. I had the same problem and removing -p form the shortcut helped.

Btw: I have the same czech localization Wink

Is there any chance, that we will be allowed to change this profile path to some other destination? I don't actually use documents and setting for my documents.
Not yet as the code if fixed yet and we get the path from the OS.
But it might make sense to allow the user choosing it during installation we'll think of that (beside that we have to fix the special character issues)
I just right clicked on the xbmc exe and saw that the target directory already has -p added to the end of the line.

I am still getting problems with the same cover art showing for multiple movies. I was told in other threads to delete my thumbnail cache and was also pointed to this thread. Please help me fix the problem, I only get this problem on streaming sites using plug ins like the pirate city.

I located the xbmc folder

Documents and Settings\[user]\Application Data\XBMC

Then there are two folders

'cache' and 'userdata'

The cache folder has some .fi files, a 'local thumb' jpeg of some cover art, a apple trailer .tbn file, 11.6mb apple movie trailer, then the following folders fanartthumbs, scrapers, temp (which are all empty) then weather which has two sub folders inside.

Then if I go out and click on userdata folder i get the following folders:

cache, database, playlists, plugin data, script data, thumbnails, visualisations, then a series of .xml files and scrobbler.tmp

What files do I need to delete to fix my problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lots of problems with 8.100