Can't Download - Great Firewall of China
I'm currently not able to download from sourceforge due to the great firewall of China. I can login to my VPN on my Mac and download the XBMC_for_Mac-8.10.dmg, but don't know where to place it on the Apple TV in order to install. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
there is a dedicate appletv installer - see http://code.google.com/p/atv-xbmc-launcher/
XBMCLauncher tries to download XBMC from sf.net, so the only way around this is to manually install XBMC from the DMG. See this post by davilla for details.

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
MaestroDD Wrote:XBMCLauncher tries to download XBMC from sf.net, so the only way around this is to manually install XBMC from the DMG. See this post by davilla for details.

ooops. sorry. This was for beta2.
Atlantis final is a bit different, as there is no installer in the dmg. So instead of calling the installer, you'd just copy the .app folder into /Applications.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules. If you don't have the time to read them, please don't take the time to post in this forum!
I copied the XBMC.app file into the Applications folder, but whenever I try to launch XBMC via the XBMC/Boxee menu I get an error that /Applications/XBMC.app/Resources....... won't open. But, if open it via NitoTV it will launch, but the remote won't work and I have to hard reset the ATV.
Ranger Wrote:I copied the XBMC.app file into the Applications folder, but whenever I try to launch XBMC via the XBMC/Boxee menu I get an error that /Applications/XBMC.app/Resources....... won't open. But, if open it via NitoTV it will launch, but the remote won't work and I have to hard reset the ATV.

Where did you copy it to? /Applications is the right place (not ~/Applications).
Please post console.log to pastebin and the link here if it still does not work.

Could you clarify this:

Quote:/Applications is the right place (not ~/Applications)

Immediately after I log into the ATV using Cyberduck (and bonjour), I copy it into the Applications folder that shows up alongside Documents, Library, Movies, nitoTemp, etc.
Ranger Wrote:Could you clarify this:

Immediately after I log into the ATV using Cyberduck (and bonjour), I copy it into the Applications folder that shows up alongside Documents, Library, Movies, nitoTemp, etc.

yep wrong one, that's /Users/frontrow/Applications. You won't be able to copy it directly to /Applications with cyberduck because of permissions.
To fix it, log into you apple tv:
and move xbmc over to /Applications (passwd is again frontrow):
Code:
sudo mv ~/Applications/XBMC.app /Applications/

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Download - Great Firewall of China0