Digital audio silent at first
This is a problem i've had since the beginning, with both 8.04 and 8.10, using onboard audio (GA-72pvm-2sh mobo) and I'm looking for some suggestions or direction because i'm not quite sure what terms to search for (though I have tried). The problem is that sounds in XBMC always seem to come on late, as if the sound output were in standby or something. Once the sound comes on, its not as if its lagging. Rather, it matches up with what i'm doing fine. A good example of the problem is the menu navigation sounds. The first click is generally silent until I guess the attempt to output sound triggers something and it starts making noise. It's as if the sound just doesn't get through at first. It's a minor problem, but also annoying. My receiver doesn't support any sort of feature that might cause this. Any ideas of where to look for this or what might be going on?
this is because XBMC doesn't send a digital signal all the time, only when it has anything to actually send, so there's a short delay as your receiver syncs to the new audio stream. I think the devs are aware? but I can't find a trac ticket about it.

I imagine the fix is something like padding the ac3 stream with silence all the time that it's got nothing to do, but I'm probably totally wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Digital audio silent at first0