MSVCR71.dll not found
trailervert Wrote:Mine is now working. The Video Drivers was the problem.

After the fresh install of Vista, my XBMC was not loading.

Here is what I did to get mine working.

-Unistalled xbmc
-copied the .dll files into windows/system32/
-updated video drivers
-reboot
-install XBMC
-reboot

Everything Now Works.

Pretty simple.

THANKS JESTER

Ok followed these directions almost completely (didn't install vista, since i just installed about a week ago) but still no dice. XBMC just crashes the same as it was before i update the nvidia drivers. Oh well i guess i'll just have to use an alternative until i can figure this out. Thanks for the help.
longNo
2nzy Wrote:longNo

Look, apparently you are just here to nag and piss people off, you don't seem to add anything constructive nor do you even attempt to get off your lazy ass and help out in fixing your issue (although fixing your issue would require a swift kick to the nuts and some brain surgery and thats iffy...)

in short, either put up or shut up.... nuf said, game over, thank you and goodbye.
I had the same problem and it was easily resolved by dropping the dll in the windows/system folder.

Its obvious that 2nzy has no technical ability or the desire to try to fix his own problem.

2nzy: If you do a search for msvcr71.dll you will see that it is a common problem for windows computers to be missing this file - it has nothing to do with Xbmc not being coded properly. Joining the forums to bitch and moan was not cool. If you are having this much difficulty I suggest going to best buy to pickup a dvd player and some movies. Remember the shiny side faces down and the picture side is up. You will probably have to get your mom to work the remote for you but I'm sure by this time next year you will have it all figured out.

--
Probes
this has been solved already, i'm building with the missing files included, if it still crashes, the install an updated gfx driver (the default microsoft one is crap)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MSVCR71.dll not found0