XBMC Volume sometimes doesn't affect system volume
Every once in a while, I'd say usually happens once or twice a day, something happens where the XBMC volume stops affecting system volume. I can adjust the volume and the indicator will show me adjusting the levels on screen, but there is no actual change in volume, even going all the way down to -50 or up to 0. Then, if I try muting, it usually works, but then won't unmute. Restarting always fixes it, but it also seems to fix itself after a few minutes if you wait.

Is this a known bug? I didn't find anything relevant in a search. I can try to get a debug log if not, but its completely random when it happens so want to see if its needed first, as it could end up being a very long log with a couple hours of uptime before it happens.

EDIT: Perhaps I should mention (don't know if its relevant) my setup. I'm running on ubuntu 8.10 with gnome and onboard audio from the ga-73pvm-2sh motherboard, and outputting via fiberoptic spdif to a receiver.
does anybody at least have an idea of where i could start looking to figure out what's causing this? Would this be an xbmc problem, or a linux problem? I assumed xbmc, but if linux i'll gladly head over to the ubuntu forums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Volume sometimes doesn't affect system volume0