XBMC 8.10 Atlantis + Windows 2000
I'm happy to give this a go. I'm an experienced C/C++ programmer, but I have never worked on an open source project before so I might need some help to get started. I got an error while checking out the sources with Tortoise: "Malformed XML: not well-formed (invalid token) at line 61". Nothing so helpful as telling me which file, of course, but eventually tracked it to this file:

xbmc\lib\libass\libass_win32\freetype\include\freetype2\freetype\.svn\log

Sure enough, it is malformed:

$ deleted="false"
working-size="-1"
absent="false"
revision="21697"/>

What can I do? I don't know how to proceed from here. Sorry if that is really dumb!
Weird. Delete the freetype folder and svn update.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for that. Still downloading. Got about 30,000 files so far but keep getting "existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host". I must have restarted it about 100 times. If it doesn't finish today I'm afraid I will give up. I don't like my chances of building this monster, it looks like it could be a long job.
You could always just grab the tarball off sourceforge - it's a bit old (3-4 months or so) but I doubt there's been all that much added recently that 2k doesn't support.

There's also a git repo on gitorious you can clone that'll be up to date.

No excuses :p

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hi. Thanks for all your help but I'm going to have to give up on this. I still use Visual Studio 6 for some projects but that definitely won't be any good for this. So I tried to install Visual C++ 2008 Express but it won't run on Windows 2000.

So I'm really sorry I can't help you at the moment. Maybe it really is time to give up on Windows 2000 after all. MS seem to be killing it quite actively now and it is starting to become a real problem. That's actually the second time this week that I can't do something I would really like to do.

Maybe you should just change your setup program to check the os version and stop installing on 2000.

Cheers,
Chris
einstein Wrote:As of some version change in the past XBMC is not supposed to run under Windows 2000 anymore. However, the functions missing in Windows 2000 can be added easily. Namely it's GetSystemTimes in Kernel32.dll.

Go and get OldCigarettes Windows 2000 XP API Wrapper Pack.
Install it as written in Info: Installguide OldCigarettes Windows 2000 XP API Wrapper.

If everything went right (and it is supposed to do so), you can start XBMC.exe as you would do under Windows XP without problems.

If tested a lot of XBMC's features under Windows 2000 (+SP4 +UpdateRollup1v2) and it works like a charm!

Keep up the good work devs!

As the win2kgaming forum has moved the urls that you have linked to are now these ones instead:
http://oldcigaret.info/win2k/phpBB3/view...hp?f=6&t=7
http://oldcigaret.info/win2k/phpBB3/view...p?f=6&t=34

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 8.10 Atlantis + Windows 20000