Fresh aTV in the box, patchstick made, now what?
With the problems around with the new apple update and atlantis final issues, what should I do to get my aTV working tonight?

My plan is to turn-off the updater first, then install xbmc from the patchstick on the factory firmware. Should I wait for the atlantis issues to clear up or attempt to install the beta (can I choose which is installed)?

And, about how long will it take for the devs to get xbmc working on the new 2.3 update (barring any barriers apple may have put in place)?

Sorry for these somewhat simple questions, I thought I had it all figured out on Monday when I ordered it Big Grin
If "tonight" is the goal, and you want simplicity, one would need to assume that your "fresh aTV" is version 2.2 or lower.
With this in mind, I would have the latest patchstick ready along with a standard computer able to SSH into the aTV.

- Quickly setup the aTV
- unplug, insert USB stick, plug in, boot up
- when the USB stick has done its thing, unplug power again, remove USB stick and power back up
- SSH into the aTV and complete the "disable auto-update" procedure
- reboot
- go to the XBMC option, hit update, confirm you have the latest XBMCLauncher and download XBMC

It should get you up and running whilst we wait for the hard-working developers to tweak the 2.3 list if details. Nod

[P.S. .. is it just my ISP today or is XBMC.ORG extremely slow?]
or you can apply the patchstick while you turn off your wireless router so you dont have to rush worrying about auto updates.
So I did exactly what XBMC4Ever suggested but the screen is totally off, calibration does nothing to help.

I have an older rear projection set that only has 1080i for HD using component cables. When I turned on the aTV the basic 2.1 firmware immediately set the correct resolution and everything looked great. When I went to xbmc the screen was set way too wide initially for 1080i HD. I calibrated it to make the arrows fit the screen, but it was impossible to get the rectangle square. I restarted when queued and now the new resolution is only half on the screen...there is no way to adjust it to fit no matter setting I try to make it.

I am at a complete loss for making this right.

Ideas?

EDIT: I am able to use xbmc with the resolution set at 1280 x 1080, is this normal?
Will downgrading to the beta solve this?

Is the final release getting fixed?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fresh aTV in the box, patchstick made, now what?0