prevent external disk from being treated differently?
hi

i use an external disk for a large part of my video collection, and it's permanently plugged in to my ubuntu box. thing is, xbmc recognizes it differently to the other drives, and it automatically shows up as a source in music, photos, video, etc. i can't add any of its subdirectories as sources though, the root directory of the disk is automatically added.

is there any way to prevent this?
Have you tried deleting the source and manually adding any subdirectories you'd like?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That wont work, halmanager will autosource it again Smile

We only mounted flashdrives before but we felt it was best to autosource all external harddrives because of the 2.5" and smaller drives people use as storage.

It should be very much possible to add a ticker in advancedsettings that would do this behaviour (personally I dont have those 2.5" neither so Id like it myself)

Please add a ticket for it on trac and Ill add it when I have the time

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
ah sweet, thanks tobias. much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
prevent external disk from being treated differently?0