• 1(current)
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)
Only one step away now from the mythical (or so it seems anyway) v1.00 release and hopefully now we're getting to a stage where most of the bugs and issues are now cleared up and the skin works for 99% of the users. We've done quite a bit of work this time on clearing up most of the issues and options that people have been asking for and also a bit more work on reducing the memory usage of the lite theme (we can't really do much more or we'll lose the skin's identity).

The big thing to note for this release is that if you find any problems or issues then you need to post details ASAP. We are planning to release the V1.00 release in the next couple of weeks and once that is out we won't be doing many further releases for a while as we are going to be concentrating on developing the new skin (one for the fanart-fanboys).

As far as we're concerned we have pretty much added all the features we originally planned to and dealt with all the issues that needed sorting so if there's anything still not working or missing then you need to let us know now. (This does not include changes to views/layouts based on your own particular preferences as we're now at a stage where we think we've finished the design part of the development, it's now time to make sure it's stable and operational).

It's almost certainly not the end of the development of the skin as we may decide to come back and make changes or add new features in the future but for now we need to move on and concentrate on something new. Nod

As usual you can download the skin from our website, http://www.teamrazorfish.co.uk/mediastream.html

The changes since the last release are as follows:
  • Added: Music Now Playing on Home screen now sits on the right of the screen (more room)
  • Added: Option to revert back to Music Now Playing on Home to be shown on the left
  • Added: Option to display AM/PM in clock again (still problems when hour < 10 but it's your choice if you want to see it or not)
  • Added: Repeat, Random and Record buttons to Music Visualisation screens
  • Added: English (US) translation
  • Fixed: Flashing of old custom folder background images on Home screen (thanks to timdog)
  • Fixed: 1px error in positioning of fade on left hand side of RSS
  • Fixed: Positioning of number part of media count label in AMT (needs testing)
  • Fixed: Vertical positioning of title labels on Visualisation Preset List dialog (should work better with all fonts)
  • Fixed: Displaying of Star Rating image (where applicable) in Coverflow view
  • Updated: Reduced a few more textures for the lite theme to reduce memory usage
  • Updated: Coverflow for Episodes to use lower overlay in lite theme and also shows more Episode specific info
  • Updated: Default Path to Lyrics script on XBox is on Q:, all others are on U:
  • Updated: Tidied up vertical positioning of labels on Music Now Playing UI (should work better with all fonts)
  • Updated: Re-activated video preview for Videos/Movie/TV Shows etc (may overlap on some views but will work on most of them)
  • Updated: Widened info area for Vertical Music Visualisation (so extra buttons fit)
  • Updated: Dutch, Chinese (Simple), French, German, Greek, Spanish and Italian translations
  • Updated: Small update to faq.txt

We really need your feedback so please post if you have any comments, suggestions or feedback and we'll aim to deal with them as soon as we can.

PLEASE NOTE: The skin is being developed based on the latest version of XBMC (T3CH release for Xbox and update to date builds for other platforms) so please make sure you have the latest version before posting about any problems
Cool! Thanks a lot for your hard work on this! Smile

I will try to give it some serious testing this weekend. I´ll be back.
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Many thanks again for this awsome skin.

PS. Good luck on your next project.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Did I miss 0.98?

Good work thou fellas... will be looking at this at the weekend....
Geeba Wrote:Did I miss 0.98?

Nope, we had planned to release it last weekend but decided to plough on, add some changes and just release 0.99 this weekend instead. Nod
is the skin on a public source control? I would like to make some contributions like being able to display the "feels like" temperature on the home instead of temp. useful for folks in windchill-ed areas!

there is related XBMC patch as well which will go into trunk (i hope) and there will be a "Show Feels Like on Weather" check box to configure that on the skin.

I guess both these will be post 1.0 and post 8.10(xbmc). but in any case, is there is place where we can contribute patches and new features?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Added: Music Now Playing on Home screen now sits on the right of the screen (more room)
[*]Added: Option to revert back to Music Now Playing on Home to be shown on the left

Lol, I was trying to do this ages ago but no-one liked the idea. Rolleyes

Hitcher Wrote:I've moved 'Now Playing' to the right of the Home screen -

As you can see I haven't figured out how to give it a background, or make it scroll right like the Weather, but I think it looks a lot better there as it doesn't cover up the bottom Home scroller item.
What does anyone else think?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Updated: Coverflow for Episodes to use lower overlay in lite theme and also shows more Episode specific info

Not working for me.
manojav Wrote:is the skin on a public source control? I would like to make some contributions like being able to display the "feels like" temperature on the home instead of temp. useful for folks in windchill-ed areas!

there is related XBMC patch as well which will go into trunk (i hope) and there will be a "Show Feels Like on Weather" check box to configure that on the skin.

I guess both these will be post 1.0 and post 8.10(xbmc). but in any case, is there is place where we can contribute patches and new features?

Nope, we have a private SVN at the moment but the plan is to put it on the XBMC skins SVN when we release v1.00 so everyone will be able to download the full skin code and do with it what you like.

What you are proposing would probably be a mod? (Unless we decide to add it to the official skin SVN once it's possible)

Hitcher Wrote:
skunkm0nkee Wrote:[*]Updated: Coverflow for Episodes to use lower overlay in lite theme and also shows more Episode specific info
Not working for me.

You need to be using the lite theme, have the Use Low Overlay for TV Shows Coverflow setting activated in the Skins->TV Shows settings. Then when you use the Coverflow view when looking at episodes media it should use the lower overlay.
Will test as soon as I can. I'm still on v0.96 and I haven't been having any problems. And might as well upgrade to the final Atlantis as well.

skunkm0nkee Wrote:We are planning to release the V1.00 release in the next couple of weeks and once that is out we won't be doing many further releases for a while as we are going to be concentrating on developing the new skin (one for the fanart-fanboys).

Laugh Can't wait for this one!!! Thanks in advance for Razorfish's hard work! Fanart for File Mode would be greatly appreciated in this new skin.

HTPC: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 GHz, 2 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 3850, 1TB + 250 GB SATA Internal HDDs, External HDDs
Remote: Microsoft MCE2 USB Receiver and Remote, IR Server Suite

FanArt for File Mode is already in the skin. It is an optional thing, so you need to go to the skin settings and make sure you switch it on.
Hi, thx for this great skin.
German language file seem to be broken in the package.
Not everything gest translatet and the content looks strange in midnight commander.
Old version works.

THX
Chaos
skunkm0nkee Wrote:You need to be using the lite theme, have the Use Low Overlay for TV Shows Coverflow setting activated in the Skins->TV Shows settings. Then when you use the Coverflow view when looking at episodes media it should use the lower overlay.

Sorry, didn't realise it was optional.Blush

Now Playing Music looks much better on the right of the Home screen, thanks.
I noticed that it isn't possible once you entered the main menu items ON/OFF, SYSTEM and WEATHER to return to the main menu using the backspace. All other main menu items allow this.
It's just a small thing, but I thought it would enhance the feel (just a bit) when you can navigate in and out weather as you can with all other main menu items. The on/off and system menu items are used differently, I don't think they really need the backspace.
Maybe I am not using the correct keys, but I got used to the enter and backspace keys from other programs.
Thanks for this great skin!
Chaos_666 Wrote:Hi, thx for this great skin.
German language file seem to be broken in the package.
Not everything gest translatet and the content looks strange in midnight commander.
Old version works.

THX
Chaos

The German translation was taken from this thread

I think the non UTF-8 version might actually be the right one?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream v0.99 Released (21/11/2008)2