News update (now with screens)
Long time, no speak. I'll be honest with you - not a lot's been happening over the last few months. The bad news is that the situation hasn't improved; the good news is that something will happen. Aeon hasn't been abandoned.

That bad news in full:

The work I was doing with theDevil has pretty much ground to a halt. For various reasons, neither of us have found the time to really build on that initial momentum and get down to business. There's no light at the end of the tunnel, sadly, so that partnership seems unlikely to continue.

The good news in full:

I pretty much split entirely from the whole XBMC thing during the time described above. I'd lost interest and confidence in the original Aeon and the slow development of Stark wasn't really helping. That, however, was enough time to recharge a little. I had a look through the other skins around and other media centres, and realised Aeon's still only one I'd use. XBMC's the only one I'd use.

So, to reflect the situation and reinvigorate things, I'm going to rebrand and finish Aeon Stark. I won't be releasing any more screens as I noticed stuff from the previous ones making its way into skins and mods elsewhere. Not that I really mind such things, but I'd rather Aeon remained one distinct entity rather than a cloud of derivatives, especially prior to release.

So that's the situation. It doesn't really change anything at your end, but at least you know things are still moving, albeit in a slightly different direction. Everything you've seen in the Aeon Stark post will stay, and the promise of it being a complete skin still applies. Best of all, I'm going into this new phase with the same enthusiasm as Aeon had to begin with. So let's see how this pans out, eh?
Welcome back mate.
Good to hear from you again! XBMC + Aeon is still the only way to go as far as I'm concerned as well. Thanks for the great work and the newly renewed hope for future Aeon goodness Smile

-Rob
Do you have any screenshots? Can I try the alpha right now?

Thanks...
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's good news to me. Can't wait to see what comes next.

Question: Is there an easy way to follow the developments of Aeon? A blog with an RSS feed? A way to be notified of djh_'s new posts?
Take your time Smile
Hey, i barely know xbmc and aeon
got to know them last week, i am a pc user and used all kinds of tools, so xbmc is sort of my first introduction to mediacenters.

aeon looks stunning, and i am following this project from now on.
keep up the good work djh_ it rocks!
Good to hear DJH_... can't wait for the Strark Vision to be fullfilled... filled the void as best as i can when u were gone, but ur work will always excel to matter what... look forward to any updates and happy as hell to see your back and in touch...
Okay, so naturally I lied about not posting screenshots. Check the "Working screens" thread. I'll lock this thread now as it's served its purpose.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
News update (now with screens)0