Second (external) monitor
Hello,

I own a MBP and have it connected to my Full HD TV. I'm unable to get XBMC running on my TV, it is only working on my MBP.
Is there an option that makes XBMC appear on my TV or is it possible to create this option in XBMC?

I have my MBP connected using a DVI-HDMI cable.

Thanks in advance
you can just pull the window over to the second screen and than make it fullscreen
albrox Wrote:you can just pull the window over to the second screen and than make it fullscreen

But that is just one of the things I don't want to do.I would like the program to switch over to the external monitor as soon as it's connected.
precore Wrote:But that is just one of the things I don't want to do.I would like the program to switch over to the external monitor as soon as it's connected.

Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon. The handling of resolutions and multiple displays needs to undergo a re-write.
precore Wrote:But that is just one of the things I don't want to do.I would like the program to switch over to the external monitor as soon as it's connected.

There is a simple solution to this.
i noticed xbmc uses the "default" monitor for fullscreen resolutions.
(with default i mean the one with the dock and the menu)

First Setup:
* Attach your TV
* put you dock/menu to your tv. (ALT-F2 or preferences)
* Start XBMC
* set resolution to 1920x1080(fullscreen)
* Done

Next time.
* Attach your TV
* Start XBMC
* Have Fun Smile

If you disconnect your tv the dock will return to the remaining display.
Only downside of this is that the dock will "always" go to the secondary monitor if one attached.
(Very usefull if you have a workspace with a bigger monitor where the laptop monitor becomes the second one Smile, less usefull if your second is a real second monitor Smile)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Second (external) monitor0