Stream backup's off the network
hey, i am currently using xbmc and i have it setup so once i go under files, i can view files on my computers network. i have my favorite game that i bought backup on my computer in a shared folder. i wanted to be able to go through my files.. then push a on default.xbe to load/run the game off the network. unfortuntly this does not work.

make it work dammit!
lol jk

it would be nice though so i do not need to buy a new hd for my xbox. just leave my backup (un-zipped) on my computers hd and execute the game off of their.

i understand i can only upload about 5 or so mb/s to my xbox, but i feel this would be efficient enough during game play. perhaps a little sluggish during launch.

please implement the ablility to launch *.xbe files off the network using, the my files portion of xbmc. this great idea could save each xbmc user money from buyin an hd.
oh master, you found an idea noone ever thought of before...

for real, this is impossible to do. the xbox can just run one "process" at once, and the same moment you launch a game, xbmc is no longer running. see the problem??
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes as pike has explained, the xbox can only run 1 xbe at a time. see the problem?
ok.

how does a program such as "unleashed" or evox run the games off the hard drive?

the game just knows the source of the files and goes right??

or is the problem because it needs some sort of a client to be running so it can access the network?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream backup's off the network0