Usb
I have xbmc installed on my atv, is there any way to get USB flashdrive put movies on it and plug it at the back of the atv and get xbmc to open it? Is it possible? Im trying to figure it out and im having a hard time with smb and the rest.
Thanx for the help!
Hi,

It's possible (and it works great, with flashdrives or harddrives!)

Check out http://forum.boxee.tv/showthread.php?t=8...enable+usb

I used the combo update check out the post by docbrown (second one in the list)

I use a 500gb harddrive formated fat32 and XBMC works perfect.

Good luck

Ps. Put the drive (or flashdrive in to the atv, after it's booted up!)
I installed NitoTV but now do i need to have mac in order to install smart installer and enable usb support or no? Because as far as i was reading i think i need mac, that suck because im a windows user....damn
george86 Wrote:I installed NitoTV but now do i need to have mac in order to install smart installer and enable usb support or no? Because as far as i was reading i think i need mac, that suck because im a windows user....damn

just need the OSX 10.4.9 update dmg in the proper place.

Quote:the other option (easier) is to install NitoTV and run the included smart installer. To enable USB, you need Tiger 10.4.9 combo update copied to ~/Documents in your AppleTV before starting the smart installer.

if you used atv-win, wget is present so you can fetch the OSX 10.4.9 under an ssh connect to the AppleTV.
Hi,

No problem, I'am a window user to.

You need a program like winspc to place the macOSXUpdCombo10.4.9Intel.dmg file in the right place on your apple download link http://winscp.net/download/winscp417setup.exe

open the program on your pc choose session

loggin to your apple tv

adress is ip adres of your appletv (you can find it on your apple tv under general info) fill in adress without DHCP before it

user name: frontrow
password: frontrow

copy the macOSXUpdCombo10.4.9Intel.dmg into the... frontrow\Documents Foler (Create Documents folder if it's not there)

exit program

No go to to your television and your apple tv choose nito tv

Choose settings then instal software then smart installer.

Rember don't connect anything in to the usb port

Atv is starting to update "thinking"

After the update you can plug in a usb drive

Start XBMC

Your new drive must know be visible under Volumes.

let me no if it works for you

good luck

ps thanks davilla for the correction! I have changed it know!
"DOCUMENTS" should be "Documents", case matters

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Usb0