Okay okay, I'll stop using build! but...
Smile 
Somehow I knew when build.sh was updated in this last SVN pull that it was going to be something ominous, yup! (lol)Laugh

As it stands now I both install and use the Build script. I have done this because using the build script I retain all of my settings etc. that I have built up over time but yeah I know that the other way is "proper" and puts files in correct places. I note that the Apple TV build and the Live CD both have things that I'd like to have in the version I compile myself - Apple Trailers especially! Will correctly using the Install method get me this?

So... how best to move all of my data from where build has been putting them to where make install puts them? Could we have a script maybe? Pretty please?Blush A guide maybe? I know, stupid questions and I've seen this covered in parts but not one simple straightforward doc I don't thinkNo

P.S. I suspect it's my setup but - anyone getting failures building on libass lately? If I'm doing configure, make, make install I fail on the make - here's my scrollback buffer http://pastebin.com/m7f100517
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Also, running xbmc and using the previous successful make install I find that I cannot update things like scrape settings for TV shows etc. Looking at my log I see entries indicating that the database is R/O and cannot be updated. A permissions problem obviously (sigh). I'm not sure what is toast here or what permissions are expected. Should I blow away things with a sudo make uninstall and try again when my compile issue is resolved? If that's cleanest I'm game....
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
easiest way I have found is to copy your current userdata folder to the hidden home folder .xbmc
Your library should be preserved. Put your skin and any modified files you may have (keymap etc) into here as well.
Any new builds wont overwrite these. But aware the .xbmc folder isnt created until you run xbmc for the first time.

When it comes to building I run 'make clean' 'make distclean' before ./configure
Then make and install (install with sudo)
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
That's probably your problem. You need to sudo make install.
snappz Wrote:easiest way I have found is to copy your current userdata folder to the hidden home folder .xbmc
Your library should be preserved. Put your skin and any modified files you may have (keymap etc) into here as well.
Any new builds wont overwrite these. But aware the .xbmc folder isnt created until you run xbmc for the first time.

When it comes to building I run 'make clean' 'make distclean' before ./configure
Then make and install (install with sudo)

Do that stuff, plus spiff decided to rename some sources so you probably have some stray objects. rm guilib/[Gg]ui*.o xbmc/m*.o from the root of your source dir should take care of them. There's a proper fix in the build system now for the next time we remove/rename sources.
Okay, copied the files successfully - I have hidden turned on so was easy. I was using sudo make install and I had used make distclean but not make clean.

I have now run make clean, make distclean, and attempted to RM the files al mentioned. However no .o files are being found, I suspect as a result of one of the previous commands Wink

So, svn up puts me at 16387, make clean, make distclean, ./configure runs successfully, make is showing me things I haven't seen in the past and has completed!, sudo make install also appears to work perfectly - thank you and I hope perhaps this will help others!

Any reason I couldn't chain this like sudo make clean; make distclean; ./configure; make; sudo make install? I'd put that first sudo in front so I could type the password and walk away and it wouldn't ask again at the very end. Stupid idea?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Okay okay, I'll stop using build! but...0