advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue
Still isn't working as of the SVN from a few days ago. I don't think the trac ticket ever got added.

RockDawg's situation doesn't seem to be the same as some of the rest of us. My movies are getting cleaned just fine, it's my TV Shows that aren't getting cleaned.

philter and I seem to be having the same issue.

I'll try to get some logs and a dummy filesystem together tomorrow. I'd really love to see this get fixed.
I don't think I'm going to have time to get a dummy filesystem together. Hopefully someone else can take the initiative and get it done.

But really, I think there's more than enough info in this thread to look into it. A few of us have posted logs, I detailed the exact steps to reproduce. I don't see why a dummy filesystem is needed because it happens with every file on a pretty standard setup.

Here are the exact steps to reproduce, quoted for an earlier post in this thread that I made a while back.

I think it's important to note that it seems to happen when you have both movies and TV shows in the library. You need both.

Also, my TV shows are stored on a local NTFS partition. My user has read/write access to the files.

xanadu1979 Wrote:Here is my debug log. I have the <cleanonupdate> setting at true in my advancedsettings file. The steps I used to make this log are as follows:

1. Set library to update on startup.
2. set <cleanonupdate> to true.
3. close XBMC
4. delete a TV show off my hard drive
5. start XBMC
6. notice that the tv show is still listed in my TV library
7. run a "Clean Library"
8. notice that the tv show is now gone.

Remember, it works fine for movies. So I know the <cleanonupdate> is doing something.

http://ubuntu.pastebin.com/f22be0f83

Almost forgot, the show I deleted was an episode of Oz.
I still haven one problem. It works fine for the movie section, but I can't get it to remove tv episodes...
hamse Wrote:I still haven one problem. It works fine for the movie section, but I can't get it to remove tv episodes...

This is sort of a known problem. I say 'sort of' because there is a thread in the Linux forum about it but nobody seems to want to take the initiative to look into fixing it.

I and others have posted in that thread. The developers have asked for more information. I feel that we have provided plenty.

Here is the thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=41111

Feel free to bump it up with information (debug logs) detailing your issue. If you wish to get together the dummy filesystem, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't have time to do it. But like I said in my last post, I don't see why it's necessary.

Sadly, it's probably too late to get it fixed for Babylon. Hopefully it can be fixed for the next release.
Obviously it is not high on the priority list.

But patches are more than welcome for quicker resolution/fix.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Oh, and further to this, I don't think anybody ever created a trac ticket (maybe I am mistaken). Without one, it won't be looked at at all.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
thanks for the help... I will play around a little...
this doesn't work for eps? that is surely a bug
spiff Wrote:this doesn't work for eps? that is surely a bug

It seems to work fine if a movie needs to be cleaned in addition to a tv episode.

It's when no movies are cleaned that it seems to skip cleaning the tv episodes.

It's hard to pin down and explain (probably why nobody has looked at it). In the most simple terms:

1. set cleanonupdate to true in advancedsettings
2. set the option that does a library update when xbmc starts to true
3. don't have xbmc running, delete a tv show off your hard drive
4. don't touch your movies, don't delete one or add one
5. start xbmc
6. when the library update is done, the tv episode you deleted is probably still in your library.

That should reproduce it. For me, it only happens when running the update on xbmc startup. Manually triggering an update works fine (if I remember correctly).
Where is the ticket?
thanks xanadu should allow me to reproduce
sho Wrote:Where is the ticket?

Just created one:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6493
Thanks Smile
Trac tickets and grumpy ones do wonders:
http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/19930
Woot! That grumpy bastard sure can be helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue0