advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue
I ran into a weird problem just now when trying to clean up my library.

I am trying to remove some shows from my TV Shows Library and for some reason, everytime XBMC updates the library it adds them back in.

I wanted to get rid of these shows, so I figured the easiest way to accomplish this was to delete the shows folder from the TV folder on my computer, and then when the XBMC library auto-updates on startup, they would automatically be removed. (and yes I do have the clean on update string in my advanced settings)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

After I deleted the shows and started XBMC and let it update the library, I saw that the 3 shows were still present. Thinking this was strange, I just manually removed them from my library without a second thought. I closed XBMC and started it back up a little while later, and noticed that during the auto update, it downloaded the information for the 3 shows that I just removed. perplexed, I looked in my TV shows folder on my computer and the files were still deleted, and not in the recycle bin either. I removed them again, and bam, they again get added when I update the library.

I checked to make sure that there weren't any hidden folders that I didn't know about in my TV show directory, and there are none.

Please also note that after the shows are re-added to the library, there are no episodes listed, just the show itself.

I have no idea why this is happening, anyway, here is a debug log.

http://pastebin.com/m6f54de2

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also, my directory structure is as follows:

G:\TV Shows\**TV SHOW**\Season **\**filename.avi/.mkv**

The above 3 listings are the shows that won't get deleted

::UPDATE:: I just tried the clean library option in the video settings and it got rid of the 3 TV shows, so I guess XBMC is not cleaning my library when I update it, as specified in the advanced settings. The advanced settings should be in the "Roaming" userdata folder correct, and not the "Program files" userdata folder?
I thought this function was disabled to stop remote shares from being removed if they weren't accessible at startup.
I thought that is why it was moved to the advanced settings and disabled by default.
I created a ticket for this: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/6629

I created a new ticket rather than re-open the other because it was specifically concerning TV shows and this concerns movies. I didn't want to make a faux pas.
I am going to append this to the cleanonupdate isse thread.
There seem to some outstanding issues still.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Any word on this?
I'm actually still having the problem with TV shows on a recent build, will find out some more info and come back.
It's been quite a while. Is there any chance this gets fixed sometime soon? My DVD file structure videos (vobs, ifos, bups) still do not get cleaned. I used to love this feature of XBMC, but it has been broken for so long I wonder if there are any plans to fix it.
Also to reiterate, running 'Clean library" from settings/video removes the missing movies as expected. Why does update library act different?
RockDawg Wrote:Also to reiterate, running 'Clean library" from settings/video removes the missing movies as expected. Why does update library act different?
Because you don't want disconnected shares being wiped from the DB every time you update.
I'm having an issue with this in a new build, clean on update is in advancedsettings, the on screen dialog says 'cleaning library', but it does nothing. Via the UI video settings it works fine.

The ideal functionality for me would be to clean on update by default, but have a second advanced option to cancel update if the root folder is missing. I don't know how the software works so this may not be possible, but it should please everybody.
need debug log (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings.xml cleanonupdate issue0