• 2(current)
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows
Build 2192 is up
Mostly a bug fix build
--Whats changed in this build (beta 1 rev 2192) -- 11/29/08
- Multiple bug fixes, pre-cache now downloads fanart and posters, more filtering options (including ignoring the year in folder), additional gui feedback provided during scans, see release notes and tracker information for additional details
- TV Shows not yet enabled
- Gui look and feel change ability not yet enabled
Build 2203 is up
Resizeable gui and 2 of the main gui color schemes are in place
Thumbs Down 
open source?
THE SVN IS EMPTY
stanley87 Wrote:open source?
THE SVN IS EMPTY

Yup, open source. I just haven't been able to figure out how to get the svn setup correctly. There's no need to be rude, I do this to help out and certainly don't have to do any of it.

---
Ok i think i got it. It sure would be nice if I had a svn for dummys list.. setup sourceforge, checkout the project (which contained nothing), then copy files to folder, and commit. I'm sure that's not the "right" way, but it got the files up there.

I didn't include the imdbcache or postercache (both files are placeholders). Postercache can be generated from the modify name tab, but will need to be manually cleaned up for special characters or the cleanname sub for the block char re-enabled, poster cache is requried to pull impawards data.
Imdb cache is simply that, a cache of imdb data, the full install file release has the file embeded for initial extraction and unrar.

Also, the keys for tmdb's api and tvdb's api are not in the source. There's a nice placeholder that reads "Put your key here" in the two main classes for those.
Uploaded build 2211 to sourceforge, svn is up to date.

Bug Fixes:
Multiple fanart bug fixes and one major loop error that could occur (details in tracker for fanart issues).

If the fanart disappears after you added it, go to the settings tab and check the option to "use fanart for background".

New Features:
Genre picker, dialog based selection of the movies genre, customizable via the xml file (mygenres.xml) in the root folder. (file is created the first time you use the feature)..
How to use this feature: click on the genre text field (located on the current movie tab, in the Movie Information section at the right) when a movie is displayed.

New Ideas for more stuff to make:
TV Monitor - runs in system tray, monitors the folders that your TV Shows are in, and based on a customizable timer, automatically adds any new show information. This will be based on the tv data portion already in MovieInfoPlus (currently disabled).

What I need help on:
Getting this thing to run under linux, either with Wine or with Mono. It will work fine running a VM in linux, but I'd like to have it run without that.
Exclamation 
fekker Wrote:Uploaded build 2211 to sourceforge, svn is up to date.

I've just installed the build 2211 update and I'm getting the following error when I try to download:

Could not find file 'c:\program files\movieinfoplus\tmdbapiv2key.txt'.

JiveTalker
Jive talkin, just isnt a crime
Doh!
Let me fix that

--EDIT--
Repacked 2211b with the key embedded - thanks for finding that so quick !
Thumbs Up 
fekker Wrote:Repacked 2211b with the key embedded - thanks for finding that so quick !

You're welcome. Thanks for all your hard work! Everything seems to be working fine so far.

I really appreciate the labels on the fanart and IMPawards. Could we have the same for the TMDB posters? I've noticed that sometimes the "hi res" posters are actually lower res than the ones at IMPawards. It doesn't happen often, just sometimes so labels would be helpful, and consistent. (I'll add it to the next feature request that I submit).

Please excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me what is actually contained in the Tbn file? I also noticed that the "Create movie.nfo" button is still disabled. Are Movie.nfo and tvshow.nfo things that would be used by media centres such as XBMC? Thanks for the tvshow.nfo files, I'm still a little confused at how they would be created. Would a series with 10 episodes have 10 episode "nfo" files plus a header file for the series itself plus a tvshow.nfo file? I'm sorry to bombard you with questions, I just want to understand how everything works so that I get my database design right.

fekker Wrote:New Ideas for more stuff to make:
TV Monitor - runs in system tray, monitors the folders that your TV Shows are in, and based on a customizable timer, automatically adds any new show information. This will be based on the tv data portion already in MovieInfoPlus (currently disabled).

That would be a fantastic add-on. It would be useful to be able to have start and end-dates for the period when new episode information would be searched for (e.g search for "Lost" episode details, daily from 1st Jan to 30th July) rather than search for lots of series every day as most series/seasons last less than 6 months. It seems that most episode guides are uploaded within 1 month of broadcast. I guess an automated timer could keep searching until X days or weeks after the last known transmission date and would be simpler to implement.

Similarly, I don't know how easy it would be to search alternative sources for episode guides as IMDb are not so hot at that as their movie details. Generally, the US series are well maintained but the UK series often have lots of omissions. (e.g the most popular British export, Top Gear has no episode "plot" for all of 2003 and 2004 or "Ideal" only has plots for series 4.) Maybe alternative sources would be overkill, I guess most series are well documented.

I've just thought of a cool feature you could have. How about when a new episode is discovered for a series that had been off-air for over 1 month it could send an email (perhaps the day after broadcast) telling the user that the series was back on air and they might want to look for a download of it? This would be particularly helpful to those who watch US series and don't live in the US so have no idea when they air. You'd probably only want an email for this first episode as more regular mails might get annoying.

I think that I'd use the episode data to build a schedule telling me which episodes were on each week so that I knew what I might want to watch or download.

Everything seems to be going really well. This tool has changed dramatically in the last 3 weeks . It is much faster, much more stable and has several new options. You must have put quite a few hours work into it.
Thanks again Smile
JiveTalker
fekker Wrote:...
What I need help on:
Getting this thing to run under linux, either with Wine or with Mono. It will work fine running a VM in linux, but I'd like to have it run without that.

WOW, great news! Dream case would be a package for Ubuntu that would work both for XBMC Live and XBMC Linux. Unfortunately I cant program but I would love to be a beta-tester. Just name what you want tested.
/O
Quote:I really appreciate the labels on the fanart and IMPawards. Could we have the same for the TMDB posters? I've noticed that sometimes the "hi res" posters are actually lower res than the ones at IMPawards. It doesn't happen often, just sometimes so labels would be helpful, and consistent. (I'll add it to the next feature request that I submit).
Yup, those can be done as well, it add's additional load time when bringing up the movie data (1 second for imp posters, 3 for fanart, prob another 2 for tmdb posters.. that's based on all 24 of each item), but that's only in download mode with "allow icon selection" enabled. Display mode is meant to be used once everything is configured, as a way to "browse" the collection, make genre changes, or anything non image related. I've still got a list of cool stuff to add into the app, like the media information that will scan the media and report back the resolution, codec, and tons of other data. The main reason for that (for me) is so i can locate sd content for replacement with HD content later. For now I added some genre's into the default list that I'm assigning to my media, since the library allows me to select by genre, i can effectively pick SD content for one profile and include HD in another on the devices that have the horsepower to play them. Later i'll create a xml exporter that will generate the file that can be directly imported into xbmc, since genre will be a field in the nfo file, i can filter output lists into SD lists and HD lists. All of which is currently in my head and not in code. There's a few other projects that I've got on my active list, one is a dual atom based set top box that can play 1080p content if it's encoded with a modified main profile that drops the cpu horsepower requirement for a 25% (ish) file size increase. I got the chance to test that out on the hardware for a few days, it does work and looks killer.. 1080p on a $80 dual atom board, it's all in the encoding settings and bitrate, sure it's not lossless, but it's price and output resolution make it a great combo.

Quote:Please excuse my ignorance but could you explain to me what is actually contained in the Tbn file?
the tbn file is just a copy of the image that was picked for the movie (either an icon or poster). I'm pretty sure it stands for thumbnail. In the case of my app it's a copy of the folder.jpg file renamed to moviename.tbn

Quote:I also noticed that the "Create movie.nfo" button is still disabled.
I put in a feature request for some additional items that would go along with that file nicely. It will be a copy of the moviename.nfo data, just called movie.nfo .. it's one of the post 8.10 xbmc items from what i've read on it

Quote:Are Movie.nfo and tvshow.nfo things that would be used by media centres such as XBMC?
yup, tvshow.nfo is already used, its the nfo file that is put into the main tvshow folder that contains the xml data for the tvshow itself, some fields are hardcoded and to values that don't logically make sense, they just have to be that way.(i think)

Quote:Thanks for the tvshow.nfo files, I'm still a little confused at how they would be created. Would a series with 10 episodes have 10 episode "nfo" files plus a header file for the series itself plus a tvshow.nfo file?
tvshow.nfo is the main nfo file, each episode has an nfo for it. so 11 nfo files for a tvshow with 10 episodes. I'd like to be able to do a season .nfo along with season fanarts and trailer like clips for seasons, i posted my idea in another thread for that.
Genre Selection bug in movieinfoplus 2211

There's a bug in build 2211 with the genre picker. The genre "all" list (left side list of available items) doesn't reset correctly between shows, so not all available item's show up. To work around it, hit the remove all button in that dialog window and then all items will be available for you to pick from for the movie. I've already updated the fix in the svn, it will be in the next release build.
fekker Wrote:I've still got a list of cool stuff to add into the app, like the media information that will scan the media and report back the resolution, codec, and tons of other data. The main reason for that (for me) is so i can locate sd content for replacement with HD content later. For now I added some genre's into the default list that I'm assigning to my media, since the library allows me to select by genre, i can effectively pick SD content for one profile and include HD in another on the devices that have the horsepower to play them.

I also have quite a mixture of HD and SD content but went for a different approach. Working on the assumption that I will probably never be able to store all omy content on a single drive, I have separate hard disks for HD Movies, SD (XViD) Movies, HD TV, SD TV etc. This makes it really easy to deal with one category of content at a time in MIP. I'm also thinking of separating out 720P from other HD formats as the 1080i and 1080P files take up loads of disk space and I only have a 720P projector so I don't think I'm gaining anything from the huge files. I guess one day I will wish that I had everything in lossless 1080P but it'll be along time before I can afford the diskspace for that!

I added everything to my IMDb "My Movies" list and created separate "My Categories" for "HD Movies", "DVD Movies", XViD Movies" etc. I then displayed one category and pasted the content into the tool you created and let that create a folder structure using a different location for each category. (For some reason Chrome insisted on bringing across all of the categories but it worked fine with Internet Explorer). I have been using MIP to populate NFO and image information in these folders and I was planning to manually move the video files across to these folders when I'd finished. The only problem that I've encountered is with titles that have accented characters, ampersands or apostrophes and movies where the original title isn't in English (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth). Manually changing these wasn't much of a problem though. Perhaps I'll create a separate category for "Non-English" movies.

However, when I added a few folders to XBMC (with movie files) the images all seem to be displaying correctly Smile but there is no IMDb data. Is this because I need to manually make a copy of each NFO file and rename it movie.nfo?
JiveTalker Wrote:I added everything to my IMDb "My Movies" list and created separate "My Categories" for "HD Movies", "DVD Movies", XViD Movies" etc. I then displayed one category and pasted the content into the tool you created and let that create a folder structure using a different location for each category. (For some reason Chrome insisted on bringing across all of the categories but it worked fine with Internet Explorer). I have been using MIP to populate NFO and image information in these folders and I was planning to manually move the video files across to these folders when I'd finished. The only problem that I've encountered is with titles that have accented characters, ampersands or apostrophes and movies where the original title isn't in English (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth). Manually changing these wasn't much of a problem though. Perhaps I'll create a separate category for "Non-English" movies.
Sounds like a great way to do the initial folder creation, I like the category ideas and views for different types.

JiveTalker Wrote:However, when I added a few folders to XBMC (with movie files) the images all seem to be displaying correctly Smile but there is no IMDb data. Is this because I need to manually make a copy of each NFO file and rename it movie.nfo?

You'll need to run an SVN version of xbmc to use movie.nfo files.

The names of the files must all match, also, when setting the content type check the option to use foldernames for lookups and scan recursively.

Current xbmc Release Build
Example with non-stacked movie.
Example: Movie name is cloverfield
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield.avi
-->cloverfield.tbn
-->cloverfield.nfo
-->cloverfield-fanart.jpg
-->cloverfield-trailer.mov
-->folder.jpg

Example with stacked movie (multiple file parts) - files must match the stacked name
Example: Movie name is cloverfield
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield-part1.avi
-->cloverfield-part2.avi
-->cloverfield.tbn
-->cloverfield.nfo
-->cloverfield-fanart.jpg
-->folder.jpg

Latest SVN Build of xbmc
Example with movie.nfo (requires svn build of xbmc and you must enable the "use foldernames for lookups" when configuring the content type)
Example with non-stacked movie.
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield.avi
-->cloverfield.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->folder.jpg

Example: with stacked movie (multiple file parts) - files must match the stacked name
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield-part1.avi
-->cloverfield-part2.avi
-->cloverfield.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->folder.jpg

'Future idea for naming of files' - entered as a feature request
I put in a feature request that would allow the following (no build of xbmc supports this yet)
Non stacked movie
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield.avi
-->movie.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->movie-trailer.mov
-->folder.jpg

Example: with stacked movie (multiple file parts)
foldername "cloverfield"
-->cloverfield-part1.avi
-->cloverfield-part2.avi
-->movie.tbn
-->movie.nfo
-->fanart.jpg
-->movie-trailer.mov
-->folder.jpg
Exclamation 
Hi, with the latest release I'm getting the following error message quite regularly when selecting icons:

ACCESS DENIED WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SAVE ICON!System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename)

at movieinfoplus.maincollection.savecip(PictureBox& selectedicon)
UNQUOTE

Selecting fanart is working fine though. :-)

JiveTalker
JiveTalker Wrote:Hi, with the latest release I'm getting the following error message quite regularly when selecting icons:

ACCESS DENIED WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SAVE ICON!System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams)

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format)

at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename)

at movieinfoplus.maincollection.savecip(PictureBox& selectedicon)
UNQUOTE

Selecting fanart is working fine though. :-)

JiveTalker

Seems to be an issue with just IMPaward posters, I'll have a workaround in the next update which will be posted later tonight.

I've added a patch that fixes that issue, as well as the genre selection list issue, and has some new items that don't yet apply enabled (movie.tbn, movie.nfo) that I'm using for testing.

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/moviein...se_mirror=
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Info Plus - Manage Icons, Posters, FanArt, .NFO's & more for Movies & TV Shows1