Automatic screen resolution adjustment?
This is also important for me as I use a 4:3 HDTV CRT one of the best there was... So I'd like my 480p content to switch to 720:480 automatically.
If not I will get a small box with the 4:3 content instead of full screen.

The original XBOX does this perfectly. I'm surprised there is no function for such feature.

Also would be cool if there were a resolution change command that can be passed via HTTP. I have a XBMC remote app that can take custom commands, so I would not mind hitting that before playing the 4:3 content..

Oh well.. I know this thread is old..
+1 Would love this feature added after the Dharma final release.
Well if someone can come up with a resolution change command that XBMC understand via the JSON or HTTP protocol then I can use XBMC Remote for iphone to change resolution quickly before playing 4:3 content etc. Still more convenient than entering setup etc. I just dont know if such comand exist.

I say this because the app has a button called RESOLUTION but it does nothing. Perhaps there was a command in XBMC but the latest Dharma release must have dprecated it...

Who knows...
(2009-12-07, 06:28)dewen Wrote: for xbox I disable 720p & 1080i, only enable 480p 16:9,
and set "auto resolution" in movie section,
so it will auto switch between 4:3 and 16:9 depend on DVD source.

DVD movie will fix at 720x480 ( 480P ), and some TiVO captured NTSC TV files ( 480x480 MPG-2 ) will be upscaling to 720x480 ( 480p ) by XBMC, both looks clear and smoothly at my Sony XBR 50 inch LCD TV.

if I enable 720p & 1080i at XBMC, XBMC will "force" to upscaling every media to it's highest resolution, DVD movie and 480x480 MPG may upscaling to 1080i and looks blurred ( less focus ) and less smoothly.

I think the blur is due to some small resolution files upscaling too much....
eg. 480x480 mpg file,
if upscaling to 480p (720x480) : OK
upscaling to 1080i (1920x1080) : Blurred

I hope XBMC can "detect" the "best match/closest" resolution to upscaling, but not the "highest" resolution. thanks !

please see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127876

and maybe someone has any thoughts on how to 'smooth' this situation out thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic screen resolution adjustment?0