Sound delay when using 24hz, why?
toiva Wrote:I noticed this too. It might be that pausing/rewinding video causes it to go out of sync.

My sync issue is contant. Not affected by pausing or rewinding.

I have created a ticket for this http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5755
This also happened to me tonight (I started using 24Hz for the first time tonight). Sync was off for one file but not the other (by 0.1s).
same here. used the auto refresh rate option for the first time today and XBMC set my refresh rate to 24Hz correctly but my mkv's get out of sync aswell. before in 60Hz i didnt have this problem (nor with another player in 24Hz ex. MPC-HC).
and it sure isnt the TV, cause my TV doesnt has this problem with other players or in 60Hz.
Mhh i also have this Sync Problem with Autorefresh to 24hz !

I think its perhaps the TV take some Time to set the refreshrate.XBMC want Play the Video and lose some Frames because the TV isnt Ready. I have always some framedrops only @ begining when autorefresh rate ist activated.
Perhaps a Short "Waittime" from about 2 Seconds before Video starts can fix this ?
It seems like that the Audio Plays and Video cant play ,because TV isnt ready.
10 Frames loss is ~ 0.350 sec Audiolag ?!
Iam no Profi but perhaps thats the Problem Tongue
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
thats exactly what i thought yesterday. just give the TV a sec or two to set the refreshrate and then start playing the video. think that could fix this for the moment.
We have all not the same LCD ,perhaps thats why the Sync Audio lags are all different because every TV has another SwitchTimes.

Sorry 4 my bad english ! Tongue
Intel P35 C2Duo 2,4 ghz 2GB Ram
ATI 3650 over HDMI @ Samsung LE37
Realtek AZELIA Sound
Windows 7 32Bit - XBMC Rev25986-dx
This has nothing to do with the TV. it's all XBMC (software)
any news on this? i mean sure we all know its not the TV but why does it happen? like i said when i set the refresh rate to 24Hz and then start XMBC and watch a movie everything is fine. but when i let XMBC adjust it, i get the sound delay
It seems fixed! I just tried the 18245 build from ikons and it has this fix:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18245

I have tried several 23.98fps videos. And auto refresh rate option changes my display to 23.98 and audio is in sync! Wonderful.

Would be nice if more people tried it and confirms. Then I can close my ticket.
Well seems to work for me for everything else but files encoding with mpeg4 (divx/xvid) with quant type mpeg.
Wierd stuff since all files encoded with quant h263 sync just fine.
I even tried to remux avi's encoded with mpeg quant to matroska and they where still out of sync in 24hz but sync in 60hz.

Good test file is Eleventh Hour season 1 episode 15 xvid by FQM
mindweaver Wrote:It seems fixed! I just tried the 18245 build from ikons and it has this fix:

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/18245

I have tried several 23.98fps videos. And auto refresh rate option changes my display to 23.98 and audio is in sync! Wonderful.

Would be nice if more people tried it and confirms. Then I can close my ticket.

Not fixed for me. I installed this yesterday "XBMCSetup-Rev18257-jester.exe" but i needs to set the audio -0,250 while playing 720 or 1080p/24p to get audio sync.

I use the auto refresh rate option to get 24hz playback to my sony 4500.

Please hlp, How can i fix this?
The problem seems to still be there.. I've had to use -150ms so far but now -200ms seems better.
same for me, problem still there
For me allmost all file are sync. Except some xvid's like i said in my previous post.
Maybe this is video card dependant.
All files have good a/v sync when i watch them with mediaplayer classic on resolution 1920x1080 24hz. If files don't sync on 24hz even in windows might be something else.

Also might try to disable vsync in xbmc and force it on from drivers 3d settings. That helped a lot with my other computer (a laptop with mobile radeon x600).
My desktop has vsync off (application to decide) in drivers and vsync on in xbmc and triple buffer off from drivers.

I have ati radeon 4850 and catalyst 9.2 drivers on windows xp.

Also there is other ticket (bug) open for windows about if you have high quality scaling on, videos can go out of sync.
I have high quality scaling off.

Oh and i'm using analog audio setting in xbmc since that might be an variable too.
My bad. The issue isn't fixed for me either. I still have to set it back .250 to make it sync.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound delay when using 24hz, why?0