Help needed -- Apple TV
Hi ---

I just installed xbmc and boxee onto my AppleTV 2.3. I see the XBMC and Boxee menu selections. When I select either of those and go to update is see that an XBMC Launcher Application 0.6 is available. When I click on the update, the screen goes black and then returns to the "update available" screen and doesnt do anything like go get the update.

Also when I go to view XBMC or Boxee, I just get a black screen with nothing on it...

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

thanks
SnLndroguy Wrote:Hi ---

I just installed xbmc and boxee onto my AppleTV 2.3. I see the XBMC and Boxee menu selections. When I select either of those and go to update is see that an XBMC Launcher Application 0.6 is available. When I click on the update, the screen goes black and then returns to the "update available" screen and doesnt do anything like go get the update.

Also when I go to view XBMC or Boxee, I just get a black screen with nothing on it...

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

thanks

If you have both xbmc and boxee launchers, you installed using a older version of atvusb-creator. The older versions of the launchers are not complatible with the appletv v2.3 software.

Need to re-patch with the newer version of atvusb-creator-1.0.b10 or atv-win-1.0.b11.
davilla Wrote:If you have both xbmc and boxee launchers, you installed using a older version of atvusb-creator. The older versions of the launchers are not complatible with the appletv v2.3 software.

Need to re-patch with the newer version of atvusb-creator-1.0.b10 or atv-win-1.0.b11.

All was lost with 2.3 Update! I read a few threads and did a manual update. All went well. I was able to launch XBMC. Set everything as before. I Restarted and all my Video Calibrations where gone. OK so everytime I restart XBMC I have to recalibrate. I figure no problem I will just wait to the new release.

Well I just installed the new release "atvusb-creator-1.0.b10" All went according to plan except the video calibration setting Still are not saved. This is a Time consuming pain.

Most Import! This may seem silly, But what happened to the Nice glassy XBMC logo at start up? and the original skins that are not available any more.
The new logo is flat and Ugly.

Please Help. I dont want to recalibrate the video everytime I start XBMC.
gwire Wrote:All was lost with 2.3 Update! I read a few threads and did a manual update. All went well. I was able to launch XBMC. Set everything as before. I Restarted and all my Video Calibrations where gone. OK so everytime I restart XBMC I have to recalibrate. I figure no problem I will just wait to the new release.

Well I just installed the new release "atvusb-creator-1.0.b10" All went according to plan except the video calibration setting Still are not saved. This is a Time consuming pain.

Most Import! This may seem silly, But what happened to the Nice glassy XBMC logo at start up? and the original skins that are not available any more.
The new logo is flat and Ugly.

Please Help. I dont want to recalibrate the video everytime I start XBMC.

Atlantis 8.10.bf1 is brewing, video calibration is fixed in this bug fix release

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help needed -- Apple TV0