XBMC LIVE HD Install
I booted XMBC Live on CD and also installed it on a clean HD, but I get the same problem.. I have a 6600GT Video card with a conponent output. When it is running off the CD or HD the GUI and video play back is a blue color only.
If I run XBMC Windows the Color is correct via conponent output to my 42" plasma TV. If I run the XBMC live CD or HD install and use the DVI output on the 6600GT video card the color is correct.... I think it must be something with the XMBC live video driver that does not use the conponent output correctly... Any suggestions? I really want to use the XBMC Live version because of its stability vs the windows version....
I have the same issue. HDMI works fine (problem is: my receiver doesn't have HDMI port and don't have long enough cables to hook directly to projector), the XMBC splash screen works fine. But, as soon as the X cursor appears, it's this blueish color that I can't get rid of.

Also, it's hard to find the right search words when researching this problem! Sad
dvdapex Wrote:I have the same issue. HDMI works fine (problem is: my receiver doesn't have HDMI port and don't have long enough cables to hook directly to projector), the XBMC splash screen works fine. But, as soon as the X cursor appears, it's this blueish color that I can't get rid of.

Also, it's hard to find the right search words when researching this problem! Sad

Take a look at the Tvout and TV standard settings in the NVIDIA manual on NVIDIA's Website. If you goto the dwnld drivers page on their site and search for linux 32 bit drivers. there will be a link to the Manuals page.

you may need to add a couple lines to your xorg.conf file to tell the system you are using a certain output at a certain resolution.

rgds,

Dave
Dave -
Thanks for the nudge. I added the following lines to the xorg.conf (after a reinstall of live since I couldn't get to X):

Option "TVStandard" "HD720p"
Option "UseDisplayDevice" "TV"
Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPONENT"

Unfortunately, I'm still stuck with the resolution being like 3/4 no matter what I change the XBMC screen settings to. It was like this before I modified xorg.conf, but then it was in the upper right corner. Now it's centered... Even if I change "TVStandard" to "HD1080i" or "HD420p" it does the same thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LIVE HD Install0