Made my audio video sync worse
Hi and thanks for the great tool....

I had a fully functional install on a current mac mini with video running to a VGA terminal on the TV via a DVI to VGA terminal and audio running from the headphone jack to the TV RCA connectors. The maximum resolution I could use like this was around 700lines (I cant remember exactly - ant it was limited by the TV).

I altered this to try to improve my maximum resolution by purchasing a DVI to HDMI cable and leaving the audio unchanged. Now I'm running at 1080i

Now I get sync problems between audio and video streams in some but not all of the the DivX content on my local harddrive. Some files play perfectly but others which were no trouble before now have an increasing lag between audio and video. Is this a predictable consequence of the change I made? Should I go back or persue toslink, or is there some other likely source of the drama?

Many thanks,

Willo.
I had similar issues and no-one seemed to have an answer - so now I use the wife's laptop - much better Smile
Same issues here. Running XBMC on Windows XP with an HP Pavilion DV4000 as well. I have a ton of videos that suffer from the video/audio sync. They start off okay, but they start drifting apart after a minute or two. If the video has a separate subtitle track, that starts drifting as well, syncing with neither the video or the audio.

VLC runs these videos with no problem. I'd like to use XBMC, but what good is a media center that can't play media? This is kinda ridiculous.
Any chance that the frame rate selections have changed going up to 1080i?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Made my audio video sync worse0