Installing ATVFiles kills ATV
I've noticed the new SoftwareUpdates menu and have tried to install ATVFiles. the install seems to go through ok but either relaunching finder or powering off/on ATV results in the Apple Logo on screen flashing on/off but never actually launching ATV. The only fix I've found for this is a factory restore.

ATV 2.3
XBMC Atlantis
XBMC Launcher 0.8
I noticed the same. Had to reinstall also.

ATV 2.2
XBMC Atlantis
XBMC Launcher 0.8
Me Too Sad

I really hope there is an update soon
If you have ssh access into the ATV this problem can be fixed without a full reset by running the following commands after sshing into the box. Make sure you type the second line exactly or you may break something.

Code:
sudo mount -uw /
sudo rm -rf "/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/ATVFiles.frappliance"
sudo mount -ur /
dan1son Wrote:If you have ssh access into the ATV this problem can be fixed without a full reset by running the following commands after sshing into the box. Make sure you type the second line exactly or you may break something.

Code:
sudo mount -uw /
sudo rm -rf "/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/PlugIns/ATVFiles.frappliance"
sudo mount -ur /

Just to be sure I understand correctly. Do I have to fill in this lines before I try to install atvfiles. Or do I have to install atvfilles first. Then wait till it freezes, and then I have to sshing into the atv? (maybe a stuppid question, but I'am afraid to do the full reset again)
I am no unix expert, but I think the line that dan1son pasted in above doesn't 'fix' atvfiles, but rather removes it from the disk. That way, one doesn't have to do a full factory restore.
Your probably right! (didn't think of it myself)
Thanks for your help!
Yeah running that command removes ATVFiles from the box so you don't have to restore to get up and running again. It would be nice if the Software plugin had a check for supported versions so breaking the box in this way wouldn't be possible without a manual install.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing ATVFiles kills ATV0