Keyboard Shortcut for Update Library?
I am using iMON with XBMC and I examined the keymap.xml file and located the keyboard shortcuts for all major functions; however, I can't find a keyboard shortcut for updating my video library. Does this exist?
I would be interested in this as well, or at least the proper way to add that functionality to the keymap.xml.
Wouldnt you just go to the folder with your movies and hit the "i" on the keyboard or a mapped remote button to that? After the initial "set content" is setup I think it will scan for new movies.

Or hit the "c" on the keyboard and select scan for new content. But maybe you just want a single stroke to do everything. That Im not sure about.

Yeah ignore this. I see you are probably just trying to get it all with one keystoke.
According to the keymap.xml faq and the Global Keyboard faq, it's not in there yet.
A workaround would be to setup Eventghost and assign a key to the update library event using the xbmc plugin. I would also open a ticket requesting this be added to keymap.xml (unless a dev knows what the function is called since it's not documented)
its a built in - XBMC.updatelibrary(database) :: Takes either "video" or "music" as a parameter to begin updating the corresponding database.

I haven't tried it myself but I see no reason that wouldn't work.

I can't remember if keymap wants the "XBMC." part of it, try it with and without.

On the keymap.xml page under Avaliable Actions, it says "In addition to the following actions, you can also use the Built-in functions available to FTP, Webserver, skins, keymap and to python in XBMC." with a link to the built-ins I listed above. In other words, it is documented.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Ashex Wrote:I would also open a ticket requesting this be added to keymap.xml (unless a dev knows what the function is called since it's not documented)
XBMC.UpdateLibrary(video) or XBMC.UpdateLibrary(music). There is no way to initiate a scan of both as far as I know.

EDIT: Beaten by 3 mins! Image Damn me checking the source to see if there is a way to do both.
rwparris2 Wrote:On the keymap.xml page under Avaliable Actions, it says "In addition to the following actions, you can also use the Built-in functions available to FTP, Webserver, skins, keymap and to python in XBMC." with a link to the built-ins I listed above. In other words, it is documented.

Well damn, that's what I get for posting from work :/
OK, I couldn't get it to work so I will just have it scan for new content when it starts. Easy enough work around for now.
It would be great to update both music and video at the same time. When controlling from an IR remote, there are precious few buttons available.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keyboard Shortcut for Update Library?0