Subtitles compared to Boxee
Hi,
With regards to my previous postings, still cannot get subtitles to work. However, last night tried Boxee. I still do not like the clunky look of that and don't care for the social network aspect but the subtitle search works really well.
The problem films I had no subtitles on xbmc, but boxee found them and showed all ok.
Is there anyway xbmc can utilise the subtitle look-up like on boxee?
Cheers,
Dean.
I presume you are referring to this thread?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39416

Is the issue confined to ATV?

Can you describe the difference between Boxee and XBMC?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Yep.
On boxee, if you are playing a film: press play, and then choose subtitles. It will then look on up internet ALL subtitle streams it finds and then you can select one. It then plays all ok with subtitles showing.
On XBMC, if you are playing a film, press play, choose audio and browse to your own subtitle file (I have tried srt,sub all with exact name as film) choose subtitle file you want, it does not show subtitles.
I have enclosed debug log on previous thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=39416

Cheers,
Dean

It is the only thing I like about boxee.
I have only tried on ATV sorry.
Weird, subs show up fine for me. SRT works, most of the time it's MKV tho. Mac, not ATV. I didn't know boxee does subtitle streaming.. That's interesting!
the films/progs I have tried are non mkv, just avi.
Yep, boxee downloads subs as soon as you choose the stream you want.
devs, any ideas or thoughts?
Old topic I know,
we have just started watching a film (don't laugh: the day the earth stood still (2008)), and still having issues with subs (srt or sub). So, for the mandarin speaking parts, decided to try boxee.....the live streaming of subs still works!!! Will this be possible to implement in xbmc?
It is the ONLY thing I like about boxee and would love it in xbmc.
Cheers,
Deano72

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles compared to Boxee0