Anyone know of any good programs for renaming TV Shows and TV Show Episodes?
Would something like this work?

A batch file containing:

ren 'The Transcontinental Railroad.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E1.avi'
ren 'Golden Gate Bridge.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E2.avi'
ren 'Silver Mines.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E3.avi'
ren 'Brooklyn Bridge.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E4.avi'
ren 'Paving America.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E5.avi'
ren 'Oil.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E6.avi'

I created it in excel by importing from the tvdb.com and creating this format

Season Episode Episode Name
1 1 The Transcontinental Railroad
1 2 Golden Gate Bridge
1 3 Silver Mines
1 4 Brooklyn Bridge
1 5 Paving America
1 6 Oil

Then I created the formula in column D.
="ren '"&C2&".avi' 'modern.marvels.S"&A2&".E"&B2&".avi'"

I have the whole batch file if yo want to pm me.

Hope this helps.

Wayne
I use this perl script:
http://www.robmeerman.co.uk/coding/file_renamer

Works great. It pulls the episode titles from TV.com, epguides.com, and many more tv sites.
twayneprice Wrote:Would something like this work?

A batch file containing:

ren 'The Transcontinental Railroad.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E1.avi'
ren 'Golden Gate Bridge.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E2.avi'
ren 'Silver Mines.avi' 'modern.marvels.S1.E3.avi'

Then I created the formula in column D.
="ren '"&C2&".avi' 'modern.marvels.S"&A2&".E"&B2&".avi'"

I have the whole batch file if yo want to pm me.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

How does it match the filename with the correct episodenumber?

stacked Wrote:I use this perl script:
http://www.robmeerman.co.uk/coding/file_renamer

Works great. It pulls the episode titles from TV.com, epguides.com, and many more tv sites.

How does this work here exactly, if the files do not have any episodenumbers? Huh

McQ
Steve_McQueen Wrote:How does it match the filename with the correct episodenumber?

How does this work here exactly, if the files do not have any episodenumbers? Huh

McQ

Steve has channeled me in my sleep to ask all the right questions Smile
Steve_McQueen Wrote:How does it match the filename with the correct episodenumber?

McQ

The episode must have some sort of episode label on it. Either in format SXXEXX or XxXX.

so like, S01E01.avi or 1x01.avi will work. Im not sure, but I think 101.avi will work too.
stacked Wrote:The episode must have some sort of episode label on it. Either in format SXXEXX or XxXX.

so like, S01E01.avi or 1x01.avi will work. Im not sure, but I think 101.avi will work too.

But if you read the whole thread you will know that the files I have downloaded DO NOT have this information.

McQ

I went here:
http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=71697&lid=7

And pasted the info for all seasons into excel and just created the text for the batch file there. I think I gathered from the previous posts that he didn't have the seasons or episodes but he did have the episode title. If he used the same title as what was on thetvdb.com then it should work.
I don't think there is a program that can do what you want. Maybe if the file names = episode name, you can code a script to match and rename. But that wouldn't be flawless and would take too much time.

250 files are not that much to rename. Do 25 per day Wink
I used serveral programs, and manual editing to get the information correct for Robotech.

TV-renamer is the best, but you have to get it right, then double back to tvdb to make sure it's right.

There's a program that finds what missing for a series from TVDB.

I used that, TV-renamer, and manual editing.

As example TV-renamer thought that Robotech was one season (which is techinally true)), but TVDB has it listed as 3 seasons.

So what I had to do was get it to the point were all 87 episodes were name SE01XX, for all 87 files. Then I got TV-renamer to rename then so they got the show titles.

Then I went through and put each season worth of eps into each folder Season 1, 2, 3 etc...

After that I manual edit the SE01, to SE02 for each ep based on season then XBMC was able to import like magic Tongue
stacked Wrote:I don't think there is a program that can do what you want. Maybe if the file names = episode name, you can code a script to match and rename. But that wouldn't be flawless and would take too much time.

250 files are not that much to rename. Do 25 per day Wink

Did something like that, and yes there was a lot of miss-matches. There's also allot of strange numbering and duplicates over at thetvdb. Oo
But I think it got him a little on his way. Probably could have redefined the compare to get a few more matches, but don't think it would make to much difference.

McQ
This is the program I use and never had any problems with it. http://renamer.natbur.com/
It connects to TVDB.com and changes all the names of the files in a folder. You might need to click few times on the rename button to get everything renamed correctly.
Thanks all with the help of the excel file and alot of hard work i got it sorted out. I will never understand why someone made that many episodes available without the most basic if information included!

Thanks for all the help
HexusOdy Wrote:http://www.tvrename.com

wow, that looks like a great program, thanks!
I've created a batch file just for this purpose.
Put the batch file in the c:\windows\system32 directory (so it's in the path and you can access it anywhere)

Here is the sourcecode of Renz.bat

Code:
@Echo Off
set params=%2
Set Count=0
Set extension=%1

For %%A in (*.%extension%) Do Call :REN %%A
Set Count=
GoTo :EOF

:REN
Set /A Count=%Count%+1
set extra=
if %count% LSS 10 set extra=0

Ren "%*" %params%%extra%%Count%.%extension%
Echo Ren "%*" %params%%extra%%Count%.%extension%
GoTo :EOF

The batchfile works like this

First parameter = Extension of your file
Second parameter = Nameconvention for your files

You go to the directory where all your episodes are listed (they have to be sorted numerical allready, because it goes from up to down)

When you are in the directory, type the following:

Renz mkv "Dawsons Creek S1E"

It will rename all the MKV files with the commandline you just entered, and will count from 00 to infinite

Enjoy.
Try FileBot, it's the ultimate tv renamer:

http://filebot.sourceforge.net

It's got a clean and efficient user interface and it will run on any platform. It's deployed via a single executable jar, or if you are really lazy you can launch it via Java Web Start directly from the homepage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Anyone know of any good programs for renaming TV Shows and TV Show Episodes?0