• 5(current)
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests
I would LOVE to see a "just FanArt" view. Something like Minimalko's Filmstrip view, except with NO poster art. Just the FanArt in the background and the info panel ( with option to hide by pressing down) giving you Title,Genre, and Description. This is very uncluttered, simplistic, and poster art could still be used with FanArt in views like "Showcase" or " Media Preview".
FourTwentySmilz Wrote:I would LOVE to see a "just FanArt" view. Something like Minimalko's Filmstrip view, except with NO poster art. Just the FanArt in the background and the info panel ( with option to hide by pressing down) giving you Title,Genre, and Description. This is very uncluttered, simplistic, and poster art could still be used with FanArt in views like "Showcase" or " Media Preview".

i'll second that motion.
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hi,

I just found this part of the forum, (great Skin) when viewing your photos can you add some text to it when viewing ?

i.e. "This is a photo of my family on July 4th" and so on..
I know that there is a script for this but i would love to see a full youtube integration under videos. i know that there is one done right now by borick but i would love to see this integrated with the skin. new look, new feel, nice addon. maybe borick would let you guys updated the script to work better with media stream.
Till All Are One!!!!!
I've got my XBMC to auto Scan for Content on startup. The problem with all the skins seems to bethat that a progress bar appears. I'd love it if I had the option in the skin settings to switch that to just a spinning icon so that I knew it was happening.

Also when you are in the main screen over TV or Movies it would be great if i could hit right like you were going to sort by genera and have a "scan for content" button right there. That would prevent peopel from having to go into file mode and then back tracking.

Finally a small thing, but probably worth doing. No one shuts XBMC down anymore. We just exit the program. You may want to switch that up so it is more wife friendly. i have to explain that one to everyone who I install an XBMC for.
One suggestion: change the way the star's are calculated based on IMDB rankings. A movie with a 5.6 on IMDB shouldn't get 3 stars in my opinion. I would think a movie needs to be at least a 6 (maybe even 6.5) before it gets 3 stars.
Exclamation 
I agree, also, it cold be nice to have the rating (stars) and genre in Detailed list view...

There is a bug, when there is no cover art for the movie, the thumbnail is not displayed (using file mode it works fine)

regards,
Is there a way to put a frame around the "now playing" movie window in the upper left corner? It would look much cleaner over the borderless video playing. Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didnt see it anywhere. I just thnik this looks better over the borderless....

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/...kLower.jpg

Dont get me wrong Mediastream is still my fav skin by far! Smile
LaTropa64 Wrote:One suggestion: change the way the star's are calculated based on IMDB rankings. A movie with a 5.6 on IMDB shouldn't get 3 stars in my opinion. I would think a movie needs to be at least a 6 (maybe even 6.5) before it gets 3 stars.
Or show fractional stars...

It'd be nice to show numerical values along with stars in the Showcase view.
LaTropa64 Wrote:One suggestion: change the way the star's are calculated based on IMDB rankings. A movie with a 5.6 on IMDB shouldn't get 3 stars in my opinion. I would think a movie needs to be at least a 6 (maybe even 6.5) before it gets 3 stars.
This is actually handled inside XBMC, not the skin. The system is a 5 star system so 5.6 is actually a high 3 stars. 6.0 is 4 stars, 8.6 is 5 stars, if my math is correct.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Is there a way to put a frame around the "now playing" movie window in the upper left corner? It would look much cleaner over the borderless video playing. Sorry if this has already been brought up but I didnt see it anywhere. I just thnik this looks better over the borderless....

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n279/...kLower.jpg

Dont get me wrong Mediastream is still my fav skin by far! Smile

That's a great idea.

Maybe even add info and progress bar if possible like this -

Thumbs Up 
Yes, i agree it's very much fancy using the frame and info. When i have a bit of time i'll investigate to see if i can make that change to mod the skin. Also i want to add rating and genre to Detailed list view for movies, and also to solve the bug when viewing movie library and there is no thumbnail for movies with no cover art.

regards,
Also Id love to see an option where you can remove the glass effect from the posters. For some reason I just prefer the clean view. I wouldnt be bitching but this is a request thread. Smile
I'd like the option to be able to drag the progress button when watching a video instead of clicking a seek button and waiting for it to get to the right spot. It's just easier to manually drag the progress button. (I hope I used the right terms, or at least terms that people will understand what I'm trying to say Tongue)
Peter_T Wrote:+1 for some sort of transparency (solid or gradient or something else) in the main menu in order to take full advantage of fanart.
+2 Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaStream Skin Feature Requests1