• 1(current)
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows
Just grabbed the latest build (16438) from here and noticed that the 'Adjust refresh rate' option is actually working for Windows now. Big Grin

My plasma supports 24/25/30/50/60Hz and when I play a 24fps video it now runs at 1920x1080@24Hz while a 25fps video now plays at 1920x1080@50Hz.

This should hopefully be great news for all those people having problems - I never noticed any when running at 1920x1080@60Hz on my HTPC (Radeon HD 2400) and Panasonic plasma but did on my other PC (NVIDIA GeForce 6600) and monitor (which I've yet to test).

I also noticed that you can set the Hz in the screen resolution now (ie 1920x1080@24Hz, 1920x1080@25Hz, 1920x1080@50Hz, 1920x1080@60Hz).

Thanks for the great work guys.
Already post this on other thread, but here it goes... "Adjust refresh rate" makes all my .srt broken (atleast the ones i tested 15/20 movies). As soon as i turn this option off everything works fine, some .mkv subtitles also doesn't show.

I know that this builds aren't supported by team XBMC, this only for info perpeses.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Yup. Thanks elupus!
ashlar Wrote:Yup. Thanks elupus!

Quote:changed: enumerate windows display modes using explicit windows calls instead of relying on sdl methods that doesn't provide display frequency.

Haha, I did look at that but didn't have a clue as to what it meant.Rolleyes
awesome! thank you.
Does this solve the jittery playback of 24fps videos?
Not that I can see. It solves a problem for those people that have TV's that do multiple clock speeds. So for example Ashlar can now set his TV to 24hz so 24fps videos are flawless.

But for those with TV's that have fixed refresh at 50hz or 60hz I believe the problem is still there because thats an issue with Open GL for Windows I think.

I tried this build last night on my 60hz TV and still had Jitter.
HexusOdy Wrote:Not that I can see. It solves a problem for those people that have TV's that do multiple clock speeds. So for example Ashlar can now set his TV to 24hz so 24fps videos are flawless.

But for those with TV's that have fixed refresh at 50hz or 60hz I believe the problem is still there because thats an issue with Open GL for Windows I think.

I tried this build last night on my 60hz TV and still had Jitter.
Ok, I have a plasmaTV that does 24 (96) Hz so I guess that was what I was asking.

But ok, so the "XBMC jitter-status" with this build is now:

- XBMC can set screen refresh at the hardware level to 24Hz correctly now so that compatible TVs can display them jitter free (but at the expense of sluggish gui?)

- Non 24Hz compatible TVs are still jittery because of non-optimal ffmpeg pulldown performance?

This correct?
TheJaff2 Wrote:- XBMC can set screen refresh at the hardware level to 24Hz correctly now so that compatible TVs can display them jitter free (but at the expense of sluggish gui?)

It only switches to 24Hz when playing a 24fps video so the GUI will still run at 50/60Hz.
Hitcher Wrote:It only switches to 24Hz when playing a 24fps video so the GUI will still run at 50/60Hz.
I meant the OSD while video is playing in the background, thats still 24fps right?
Sorry, my mistake.

And yes it couldn't possibly be anything else.
Hitcher Wrote:It only switches to 24Hz when playing a 24fps video so the GUI will still run at 50/60Hz.
Unfortunately there is a problem with this. Apparently it's able to get custom resolutions only when they are active at the desktop level.

I ask to the developers, is it possible to keep different custom resolutions in the list? From what i can see it's getting all the standard resolutions from EDID or control panel, I don't know. But the 1366x768 one that i have set at different refresh rates seems to count just as one.
Hitcher Wrote:Just grabbed the latest build (16483) from here and noticed that the 'Adjust refresh rate' option is actually working for Windows now. Big Grin

My LCD supports all those refresh rates also and I can set this refresh rates from XBMC but for me auto adjusting isnt working on build 16449 (I think you ment 16438 not 16483 Smile ). I am on Radeon HD3200, latest ATI Drivers. I set my screen to AUTO, 1920x1080x50 and 1920x1080x60(full screen). when I start 24fps material screen blanks (like xbmc tries to change refresh rate) but it stays at 50 or 60Hz and video stutters. Of course if I change manually to 24Hz video is smooth as my wife's ass Smile Didn't check the log, will do it later this evening

DP
dpassent Wrote:Of course if I change manually to 24Hz video is smooth as my wife's ass Smile Didn't check the log, will do it later this evening

DP

we need proof
Lmao SmileSmileSmile Can't put NSFW here Tongue
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Adjust refresh rate' now working for Windows0