Changing default video calibration?
Hi -- I have xbmc atlantis running on an atv v2.3, and all is well except for one thing. I'm running it on a 42" 1080i tv, and I have it more or less set up for full-screen display --but the display is a bit bigger than the actual screen, so some of the buttons on the top and bottom of the xbmc display I can't see unless I change the video calibration (moving the upper left corner and bottom right corner in, etc). And I have to do this every time I start it up. Is there any way to save the correct setting so it would just start up in the right size?

thanks!
Should be fixed in next update.
Come on update... this bug and the no ogg tags over SMB (also fixed in SVN) are keeping me from really using this app. Any word on 'when' a bugfix official release is set to come out? I have no easy way to build the OSX version of the source.
Looking forward to this fix also. Resetting the calibration is irritating.

What happens exactly? Can it be hand-typed into the .xml file and it will stay or does it get overwritten?
WAdam Wrote:Looking forward to this fix also. Resetting the calibration is irritating.

What happens exactly? Can it be hand-typed into the .xml file and it will stay or does it get overwritten?

I waiting for this fix for more than 3 weeks now I think.. Almost want to sell aTV and go back to old xbox Sad
I'll reask the question. Can the default calibration be adjusted and overwritten? Anyone know how?
edge777 Wrote:I'll reask the question. Can the default calibration be adjusted and overwritten? Anyone know how?

No, there is no work around. Just have to wait for the bugfix release.
Wink 
there is a small work around that I am using now.. you can zoom in by 4% (which works for me) the zoom is saved.

hope this helps in the mean time.
Ilia Wrote:there is a small work around that I am using now.. you can zoom in by 4% (which works for me) the zoom is saved.

hope this helps in the mean time.

THANKS, that's very helpful! How come it took a regular blogger to suggest that after 3 weeks, eh? I set it to -4% zoom and it's perfect.
davilla Wrote:No, there is no work around. Just have to wait for the bugfix release.

Hehe, a one post junior member offered a solution
edge777 Wrote:Hehe, a one post junior member offered a solution

That's still not changing the default calibration which was your question in the first place.
davilla Wrote:That's still not changing the default calibration which was your question in the first place.

Not the OP, true, but he did offer a solution which worked just as well Smile
Unfortunately that solution is not the same thing. It made the skin look fine, but there is still excessive overscan when playing videos.
look, its not a solution but it is better than to calibrate the thing every f time...
ernisj Wrote:I waiting for this fix for more than 3 weeks now I think.. Almost want to sell aTV and go back to old xbox Sad

Rant On

Wow talk about ungrateful.

You're complaining that the "FREE" software package updates aren't happening fast enough.

Cut the developers a TON of slack please.

Rant off

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Changing default video calibration?0