MacBook 2.4GHZ Intel X3100, 1080P Jerky on LCD TV Only?
Hi Guys!

I have this really weird problem. My Brand new Macbook. Well, sorta brand new. 2.4GHZ Penry Processor with the X3100.

When using XBMC to play a 1080p Video on the 13.3" Screen and over the Draft-N Network. It doesn't lag one bit. Infact, it runs perfectly.

However, i went to purchase a Mini-DVI-DVI adaptor for the mac and connected the macbook via a DVI-HDMI Cable to my Samsung A650 TV.

Once i got the mac to run at 1920x1080, and open XBMC, the video that used to play well on my 13.3" Screen, Jerks lags on my TV!

Any one has an idea why is this happening?

Cheers,
Daniel
Hi
I had the same thing on my 2.5Ghz MacBook Pro. Dual screen mode just pushes the required power to far for 1080P playback.
What you need to do is setup with a single external display.
Once your setup in dual screen mode, close the lid to put your laptop to sleep and then wake it up with a bluetooth mouse or I think the apple remote works too.
Then your laptop will only output a display to your TV.
So you'll need an Apple Remote or and bluetooth mouse/keyboard or XBMC iphone app to control your laptop and XBMC, cos you'll have no access to the laptop keyboard with your lid shut.

This works great with mine and I use the XBMC iphone app as a remote control

hope this helps

lee
You can also plug in or plug out some USB Disk drive then Macbook will also wake up with only second screen on

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MacBook 2.4GHZ Intel X3100, 1080P Jerky on LCD TV Only?0