[Xubuntu 8.10] Lirc and mceusb ignored in XBMC
Hello All,

I've got a very strange problem. Since a couple of days XBMC seems to ignore my Lirc with my Windows MCE remote (lirc_mceusb2 driver) configuration. As a result, I'm can only control XBMC using a keyboard.

No updates were done on my Xubuntu 8.10 configuration and the exact same config is running without problems on an other platform.

The following was checked/done prior before post here:

- Remove (purge) Lirc and reinstall and (re)configure from Ubuntu Repo;
- Remove (Purge) Lirc and reinstall and (re)configure from Lirc CVS;
- Remove (purge) XBMC and reinstall 'stable' precompiled binary;
- Remove (purge) XBMC and install SVN-precompiled binary;
- Removed $HOME/.xbmc entirely;
- Check Lirc configuration;

Offcourse, Lirc was tested and it completely works. I've tested it using irw on a Terminal session (within Xorg and SSH) and I'm able to start XBMC and the VDR frontend using the irxevent/irexec configuration (and yes, I've disabled this also just to check if this was the problem) and it's possible to switch from the VDR frontend (xine) to XBMC but not vice versa. Lirc works and is running in the background, but when XBMC is started I see nothing comming through in irw as well (like it locks the /dev/lircd or something and doesn't do anything with it). As soon as I kill xbmc.bin then irw retreives the information from the remote again.

I also have the log uploaded to pastebin: http://pastebin.com/m2d2aa814

Any help is greatly appreciated!
*bump*

Anybody have an idea? Mainly, since the wife really dislikes the keyboard on the TV furniture. Wink
Are you sure your mapping in the lircd.conf matches device in Lircmap.xml?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:Are you sure your mapping in the lircd.conf matches device in Lircmap.xml?

100% sure and the LIRC configuration is working without problems when I want to switch from vdr-sxfe/xine to XBMC or when I want to start XBMC.

What's also strange, when XBMC starts no remote-action is comming through (like if XBMC is locking the LIRCD device for some reason) according to irw. But in the debug.log I don't see anything about lirc detection.
*bump*

I'm currently rethinking to re-install Xubuntu again. But I would rather like to test other options first before I do this drastic action.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Xubuntu 8.10] Lirc and mceusb ignored in XBMC0