DVD series stacking
Hi all.

Is there anyway to stack DVD isos in library mode? Pain having to merge DVDs to get a series on DVD into one big file.

Don't really want to rip individual episodes as I like having the DVDs.
Cheers guys!
No, we do not currently support stacking of ISOs.

We are also unlikely to support stacking of ISOs of tv shows. This is not how we do things. Rather, we prefer to allow you to use an ISO for a bunch of episodes if you wish, but these episodes should display separately within the user interface. This is currently supported. If you want to play them all at once, then just queue them all up.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Fair enough.

Say for example I had the entire Prison Break DVD collection, 3 series I think, and ripped all of them DVDs onto my computer, would the best way to navigate this be to rip individual episodes?

Otherwise i'd end up with about 12 diss witht eh same image art all showing in the library (4 discs per season at a guess)
IMO the best way is to rip as single episodes, yes. You can, however, name them in such a way that they're detected as multiple episodes. The only problem is you also have to manually specify where the breaks are in the ISO, as otherwise they'll all start from the first episode on the disk.

The online manual has appropriate naming schemes to use for multiple episodes in the same file.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:No, we do not currently support stacking of ISOs.

We are also unlikely to support stacking of ISOs of tv shows. This is not how we do things. Rather, we prefer to allow you to use an ISO for a bunch of episodes if you wish, but these episodes should display separately within the user interface. This is currently supported. If you want to play them all at once, then just queue them all up.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'll just use this thread for my question. I'm planning to rip my dvd's to a harddrive and playback with xbmc. Since harddisc space isn't really the issue I'll just use iso's or video ts folders.

If I understand correctly, the individual episodes of my tv shows will show up separately in the library, which is nice.

How is extra content like making of, deleted scenes etc. of the dvds handled?

What language will be used in playback? The default language? My dvd's are mostly German versions with multiple language tracks and subtitles included. Will XBMC remember which language I chose like it seems to do with the subtitles?

Is there an easy way ("one button" through the remote) to switch between languages and subtitles like my dvd player can? Since this can be done through the OSD, it wouldn't be THAT necessary but still nice for the gf if XBMC could be used in a similar manner than the dvd player. Does XBMC really remember my settings for the this episode? I read that in the wiki. That would be sweet.

Thanks in advance, merry christmas.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD series stacking0