XBMC Beta better in almost every way?
Is it just me, or was the beta better than the final version?

- Screen calibration saved
- Basically no crashes
- More than one Full Screen resolution option (who ever wants a windowed version?)
- Remote functions made more sense (pause actually paused rather than bringing up the control menu, which used to be done by using 'menu' - that made sense, now it's like 4 button presses to get to pause)

Any way to get the more function beta back on my ATVHuh??
edge777 Wrote:Is it just me, or was the beta better than the final version?

- Screen calibration saved
- Basically no crashes
- More than one Full Screen resolution option (who ever wants a windowed version?)
- Remote functions made more sense (pause actually paused rather than bringing up the control menu, which used to be done by using 'menu' - that made sense, now it's like 4 button presses to get to pause)

Any way to get the more function beta back on my ATVHuh??

I haven't tried beta, but if what you say its true than I want beta as well Smile
Totally agree on pause button, the way it is now is rather strange.
edge777 Wrote:Is it just me, or was the beta better than the final version?

1) Screen calibration saved
2) Basically no crashes
3) More than one Full Screen resolution option (who ever wants a windowed version?)
4) Remote functions made more sense (pause actually paused rather than bringing up the control menu, which used to be done by using 'menu' - that made sense, now it's like 4 button presses to get to pause)

1) bug in release version
2) WFM Smile
3) never had more than one fullscreen setting with single display
4) so edit keymaps.xml and change it.

if you don't like release, go back to a previous version manually, search the forums for this info, it's present in many threads.
davilla Wrote:1) bug in release version
2) WFM Smile
3) never had more than one fullscreen setting with single display
4) so edit keymaps.xml and change it.

if you don't like release, go back to a previous version manually, search the forums for this info, it's present in many threads.

Yikes, don't get all defensive, lol. Like, I love the program, but some of the new additions or changes seem odd (but then again, they might be for the overall use of the program, not just for the ATV). In the past version, I think I was able to use 720p, among many others, in full-screen, no window.

However, I am very thankful for your advice on changing the keymapping, that's awesome. I've made the adjustments for the Play/Pause button to do just that in full-screen video playback, the Menu button to bring up the OSD, left and right do rewind and forward (2x,4x,8x,etc.), Up shows the video time info, and Down changes the aspect ratio (good for those non-wide-screen videos). Saved them to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml and all is great. More or less the control now works just like a PVR which I am most used to.

Thanks for the help!
edge777 Wrote:Yikes, don't get all defensive, lol. Like, I love the program, but some of the new additions or changes seem odd (but then again, they might be for the overall use of the program, not just for the ATV). In the past version, I think I was able to use 720p, among many others, in full-screen, no window.

However, I am very thankful for your advice on changing the keymapping, that's awesome. I've made the adjustments for the Play/Pause button to do just that in full-screen video playback, the Menu button to bring up the OSD, left and right do rewind and forward (2x,4x,8x,etc.), Up shows the video time info, and Down changes the aspect ratio (good for those non-wide-screen videos). Saved them to /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml and all is great. More or less the control now works just like a PVR which I am most used to.

Thanks for the help!

sounds good, I should do the same.. I guess we have to replace this xml file after each update though?
ernisj Wrote:sounds good, I should do the same.. I guess we have to replace this xml file after each update though?

Not sure, because you save the file in the Users folder (different than the original). BTW, it's about half way down the file, Full Screen video, Apple Remote settings.
ernisj Wrote:sounds good, I should do the same.. I guess we have to replace this xml file after each update though?

updates don't touch /Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Beta better in almost every way?0