Help with Recently Added Media
i have just recently altered the default (media experience) skin to include the recently added media (ram) display to the main screen. this is a pic of what i am talking about if you haven't seen the recently added media section is very very cool.

i have a few questions i hope someone can help me with.

1. is there a way to exclude some of your shares or have it only look in the first 1 or 2 shares or something like that? for example, i have a share in my videos for movies, another share for music videos, another for tv shows. when the ram script runs it looks in all 3 of these folders and picks the newest files, looks them up on imdb and displays the 3 newest on the main screen. well, tv show episodes and music videos don't have an entry on imdb, so the results imdb returns and xbmc displays are way way off. in the screenshot above i had to remove the share for music vids and tv shows just to show an example with only movies listed.

2. is there a way to display more than 3 movie covers in the home.xml file or is that number of covers something that is coded in the source? i would like to shrink the thumbs and show 4-5 smaller ones instead. right now i can shrink them in the xml or change the size of the box they appear in but no more thumbs appear. possible?

3. i can't show this, but when xbmc loads it shows 3 movies on the main screen. i am not sure how it decides what 3 to show, but i think it is the last 3 in the myvideos.db file. as it searches my shares for new files those 3 fade away and are replaced by the 3 most recent videos by file date. since it clearly can fade old ones away and show new ones. is there some way i can tell it to show more than the 3 there by rotating over time through say a total of 6-12 recently added files.

4. the videos shown of the first page are static, so if i don't restart xbmc those thumbs don't refresh even if there are new files in my shares. is there a way to make it refresh the list every so often rather than having to restart xbmc?

5. is this only for videos, or is there a way to do this for music and pictures too? i am running in 720p so i have lots of screen room. i would like to build a skin that when you go in to the my videos section you see a list of about 5-10 recently added videos shown below or next to the available shares, then if you go in to my music there you would see a list of 10 or so recently added albums near the shares, and the same with my pictures, show the latest 5 or so picture folders added.
that looks great.

how do u actually set it up ?? - im recently a newbie - but learning fast.... here - you have to....

:bowdown: :thumbsup:
i just altered the home.xml file by adding the following control tag near the end of the file.  this is currently setup so it displays properly on the media experience skin when running in 720 mode, so adjust the position for your skin as is necessary.

<control>
<description>default ram (recently added media) control</description>
<type>ram</type>
<id>1</id>
<posx>500</posx>
<posy>230</posy>
<width>300</width>
<height>330</height>
<font>font14</font>
<font2>font13</font2>
<titlecolor>ffe0a020</titlecolor>
<textcolor>00efefef</textcolor>
<selectedcolor>00efefef</selectedcolor>
<textspacey>5</textspacey>
<gfxthumbwidth>80</gfxthumbwidth>
<gfxthumbheight>128</gfxthumbheight>
<gfxthumbspacex>6</gfxthumbspacex>
<gfxthumbspacey>25</gfxthumbspacey>
<gfxthumbdefault>nothumb.png</gfxthumbdefault>
</control>

again i can clearly change the size of the box the thumbs appear in, and i can change the position of the box, the size of the thumbs, the size and color of the text below the thumbs.  i just i don't know if there are any other options i can specify for the control like number of thumbs, etc.  it would be great if someone knew if there were more options for this great feature.
you cannot change really a lot, check out my skin and seen how it works:
xbox-skins
you can select the movie and play it, you can refresh and see info throught a dialog keyboard.
enjoy.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.
is their a way to show something like "recently added music" instead of movies? for example, i'd like to show recenlty added mp3 files.

i've looked at the xml file and it seems that by default it only looks for movies.

thanks for any info.
i guess not because it's hardcoded in this way. i would like also that feature or maybe better a zapping between music, videos and progs/games.
anyway the developers still need to fix up sone stuff like the dialog keyboard when you push the white button to modify the title, fix the lenght of the title so it doesn't go out of the panel.
i really hope they improve this nice feature.
XBMC Italian translator, Movieplayer.it scrapers developer and the old "The Orbs" skin creator.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with Recently Added Media0