Rapidshare Premium Content Player
Rapidshare.com offers great File Storage and fast download speeds.
There is also an unimaginable wealth of content available. Also it is stored
in a stable manner, meaning that once this works, it is unlikely rapidshare will change there pages/system and make the script fail.

The Downside is that you have to Pay for Premium access. It is cheap though and well worth it. (Think permanent access to all your media, plus everyone elses media from any location.)

Google:Rapidshare search Engine to look for things.
It costs about $20 for 3 Months.

You also will need to have a way to find links, I am hoping that with the script I can make a database where everyone can share there links.

So Basically I am attempting to make a way to play files from Rapidshare.com
This is my first Python Script, and I am totally new to the language.

It maybe possible to convert this into a Plugin, but I am more comfortable starting a script from scratch. (Foolish?)

I will keep this thread updated with my progress.
c'mon...xbmc forums in not a place to be posting warez sites and how to download illegal content. why didn't you just post this at a warez forum and not here. Eek

on top of that, i think it is wrong to be paying for warez. Huh
ok, i removed the link to that site, but uhm aren't all the video sharing sites, surfthechannel, quicksilver screen, etc offering the same thing in a more illegal than legal fashion?

Anyway, I made this post because it is more about adding functionality to XBMC versus the content. You could certainly use it for legal means with out problems.

Paying for pretty much anything sucks.
But when all i have to do is sell a bra I got at a yard sale as "used" on eBay Mature Audiences with pictures of hot girls in similar bras that I found on Myspace every 90 days to pay for unlimited content its worth it. Wink
IMHO a plugin would be easier than a script, as you don't have to form any sort of gui... all you have to do is copy voinage's addDir() and andLink() functions from his plugin tutorial and you're good to go!

Also there is nothing wrong with providing an api to an already existing site... rapidshare on xbmc won't really be so much about warez as it will be about streaming copyrighted videos, and there are many plugins/scripts that do this.
Please don't be discouraged to continue your script/plugin.

Your method of paying for said content is a bit questionable, even if its hilarious in a ridiculous sort of way.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Is there a way to send a cookie in the header.
When the request is sent to get the actual file for playing/streaming.

I am able to write this file to the disk. But streaming is proving difficult. I am looking into ways of controlling the player buffer if thats even possible.
You have to create a server xbmc doesn`t like partial content.With a server you can send the headers you need then pass the served file to xbmc.
Look at veoh proxy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapidshare Premium Content Player0