• 1(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
Thumbs Up 
This is my first XBMC plugin, and contribution to XBMC.

This is still in the alpha stages, but does work for the most part. I am not sure when RTMP (network protocol) support was added to each XBMC release, but the latest T3CH release works with this on my Xbox with XBMC.

Download Here 0.2 (IP Check Disabled)

24, Family guy, Simpsons, American Dad, Fringe all work.
Other shows can be added by editing the default.py and adding them to the array at the beginning of the file.

The other shows not listed are not working at this time. The ;.international=false in shows urls such as 30 Rock, cause a bug in the rmtp library. I am submitting a bug, so hopefully the next release will have the fix.

Ticket for the fix, with the code. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5492 This may take some time to make it into the next build, so you may want to get the latest from svn and compile you own.

** If no shows play and you are in the US, you will need to update your version. Family guy should play if you have a version with rmtp support.

Please post your results if you are not in the US.

Download Here 0.1
wow, awesome. A hulu plugin at last Smile I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to see this.
Big Grin 
Outstanding! Very nice start.

I couldn't resist, I added all of the TV shows to the array. This list is full and works on my xbox.

While testing this out I realized your code does not yet take into account for special characters. I ended up stripping out all specials such as ',$,-, etc. Quite a few titles use them, although not sure which ones in particular were causing the problem. I would definately suggest pulling the array out of the python file and putting it into XML. Maybe one XML file for TV and one for Movies.

Sadly, I don't have the latest T3CH build yet, so none of the shows played for me. But the whole list did show. Downloading latest build now....

Here's the full TV show list array:
Code:
[size=xx-small]"2008 National HeadsUp Poker Championships", "24", "28 Life", "30 Days", "30 Days of Night Blood Trails", "30 Days of Night Dust to Dust", "30 Rock", "The 808", "The Academy", "Action", "Adam12", "The Addams Family", "The Adventures of Danny & The Dingo", "The Adventures of John McCain and the Straight Talk  Express", "After Hours with Daniel", "Airwolf", "ALF", "Alfred Hitchcock Hour", "Alfred Hitchcock Presents", "Alias Smith And Jones", "The AllForNots", "American Dad", "American Gothic", "American Greed", "American Misfits", "Americas Most Wanted", "Andy Barker PI", "Angel", "Another World", "Any Given Latitude", "Archie Bunkers Place", "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader", "Arrested Development", "AST Dew Tour", "As The World Turns", "Astro Boy", "The ATeam", "Babylon 5", "Back on Topps", "Back To You", "Barney Miller", "BarrettJackson Life On The Block", "BarrettJackson The Auctions", "Battle Dome", "Battle of the Bods", "Battlestar Galactica", "Battlestar Galactica Classic", "Beer Nutz", "Behind the Star", "Benson", "Best of 60 Frames", "Best of Penn Says", "Bewitched", "The Biggest Loser", "Big Ideas for a Small Planet", "The Big Idea The Roadmap To Success", "Black Blood Brothers", "Blankslate", "Bleach", "Blue Gender", "Bobby G Adventure Capitalist", "The Bob Newhart Show", "Bones", "Boo", "Brothers Keeper", "Buck Rogers", "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Built to Shred", "Burn Notice", "Campus Cops", "The Captain and Casey Show", "Carpet Bros", "Carrier", "Casper the Friendly Ghost", "Chase", "Charlies Angels", "The Chefs Kitchen", "Chicago Hope", "Chuck", "Cleopatra 2525", "CNBC Originals", "The Colbert Report", "Coma", "Comedy Gumbo", "Conan", "Conviction", "Cooking Up A Story", "Coolios Rules", "Cool Kids Parties", "Cool Tools", "Cops", "Corkscrewed The Wrath of Grapes", "Cover Me", "The Crow Stairway To Heaven", "Crusoe", "Curb Appeal", "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart", "The Dana Carvey Show", "Dating Brad Garrett", "The Dave Ramsey Show", "The David Susskind Show", "Da Vincis Inquest", "DC Follies", "Deadline", "Death Note", "Decision House", "Deserving Design", "Design e2", "Desperate Landscapes", "Destination Truth", "Devils Trade", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "Dilbert", "Dining Downunder", "Dirt", "Doogie Howser, MD", "Dorm Life", "Douchebag Beach", "Dragnet", "Dr Danger", "Dream On", "The Dresden Files", "Dr SteveO", "Easy Money", "ECW", "Elviras Movie Macabre", "Emergency", "Empires", "Equal Justice", "ER", "Estate of Panic", "Eureka", "Exosquad", "The Facts Of Life", "The Fall Guy", "Family Guy", "Fantasy Island", "The Fashion Team", "Father Knows Best", "Fields of Glory", "Film Crew", "The Finish Line", "FiNS", "Firefly", "Firsthand", "Flipper", "Food News", "Foreign Body", "Forever Knight", "Fox Reality Channel Really Awards 2008", "Friday Night Lights", "Fringe", "Fudge", "Galactica 1980", "Galaxy Railways", "Gaytown", "Gemini Division", "Ghost Hunters", "Ghost Hunters International", "Gimme My Reality Show", "Gorgeous Tiny Chicken Machine Show", "Great Cocktails", "The Great Ride Open", "Groundlings", "Guiding Light", "Hart to Hart", "Hells Kitchen", "Heroes", "Highlander", "Hill Street Blues", "Hole In The Wall", "Hot Hot Los Angeles", "House", "House Hunters", "I Dream of Jeannie", "Ikki Tousen", "The Incredible Hulk", "In Harms Way", "The Invisible Man", "Ironside", "I Spy", "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "It Takes A Thief", "Jackass", "Jackie Chan Adventures", "Jack of All Trades", "Jerry Springer", "John Doe", "Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot", "Journeyman", "Kath and Kim", "Kiddy Grade", "King of Miami", "King Of The Hill", "Kitchen Confidential", "Kitchen Nightmares", "Knight Rider", "Kojak", "Kojak 2004", "KVille", "LA Dragnet", "Land of the Giants", "Late Night with Conan OBrien", "Legend of the Seeker", "LG15 The Resistance", "Life", "Life After Film School", "The Line", "Lipstick Jungle", "LookALike", "The Loop", "Lost in Space", "Lou Grant", "M80", "Mad Mad House", "MadTV", "Major Dad", "Making News Savannah Style", "Man Caves", "Manhattan, AZ", "MarriedWith Children", "The Mary Tyler Moore Show", "The Matty Blake Show", "Maury", "McHales Navy", "Miami Vice", "The Millionaire Inside", "ModelLive", "MOJOs The Circuit", "The Moment Of Truth", "Monk", "Moon Phase", "Mr Justice & Powerful Girl", "Mrs PiggleWiggle", "Mr Stain on Junk Alley", "The Munsters Today", "Murder One", "Mushishi", "My Bare Lady", "Myles of Style", "My Long Distance Relationship", "My Name is Earl", "My Own Worst Enemy", "Nanny and the Professor", "Naruto", "National Dog Show", "New Adam12", "New Amsterdam", "New Dragnet", "New Pollution", "NewsRadio", "Night Gallery", "NOVA", "The OC", "The Office", "One Day at a Time", "One Tree Hill", "Original American Gladiators", "Outer Limits", "Owen Benjamin Presents", "Paradise Hotel 2", "Partridge Family", "Party of Five", "Peacemakers", "Peach Girl", "Picket Fences", "PINK The Series", "The Practice", "Pressure Cook", "The Pretender", "Prison Break", "Problem Child", "Prom Queen", "Psych", "Raines", "The Rascal", "Real Estate Confidential", "The Real Housewives of Orange County", "Reality Binge", "Reba", "Red Eye", "ReGenesis", "Remington Steele", "Rescue Me", "The Return of Jezebel James", "The Riches", "Roadents", "Rob and Amber Against the Odds", "The Rockford Files", "Roswell", "Rumbling Hearts", "Sanctuary", "Satacracy 88", "Saturday Night Live", "School Rumble", "Scientific American Frontiers", "The Search for the Next Elvira", "Secret Millionaire", "She Spies", "Shikabane Hime", "A Shot at Glory", "Shuffle", "Silver Spoons", "Simon & Simon", "The Simpsons", "Sitting Ducks", "The Skinny Fat Free News", "Slayers", "Sliders", "Solitary", "Son Of The Beach", "Sons of Anarchy", "Speed Racer", "SpiderMan", "Sports Action Team", "Square Pegs", "Squeegees", "Stacked", "The Standard Snowboard Show", "Standoff", "Starsky and Hutch", "The Starter Wife", "StartUp Junkies", "St Elsewhere", "Strikeforce", "StrikeTV", "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip", "Sunset Tan", "Surface", "Survival School", "Swamp Thing", "SWAT", "Talkshow with Spike Feresten", "Team Knight Rider", "Temptation Island", "Tequila & Bonetti", "Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles", "Test Drive", "Testees", "That Guy", "Three Sheets", "The Three Stooges Collection", "The Thunder Show", "The Tick", "The Time Tunnel", "TJ Hooker", "The Tonight Show", "Total Recall 2070", "Tremors", "Uncorked", "Unhitched", "Valentine", "Vanished", "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Wall Street Warriors", "Weird Science", "Welcome Back, Kotter", "Whats Happening", "Whats Happening Now", "The White Shadow", "Whos the Boss", "Wildboyz", "Wired Science", "WKRP in Cincinnati", "Woody Woodpecker (New)", "The World of Stupid", "The Writers Room", "xxxHolic", "Young Hercules"[/size]
why aren't you just scraping the webpage instead of adding all of these manually?

The ones that won't work won't work... no biggie.

But screw keeping all of them in an xml file that is silly.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I hope you typed that big ass list out by hand. And yes, FFS, do as rwparris said.
Will this work in the UK?
rwparris2 Wrote:why aren't you just scraping the webpage instead of adding all of these manually?

The ones that won't work won't work... no biggie.

But screw keeping all of them in an xml file that is silly.

I wanted to group all the episodes for a show. Without having to enter a search by hand each time or just get the shows from the main page, this was the fastest way to do it. I will probably add a search function and a way to enter favorites in a later release.
dubstar_04 Wrote:Will this work in the UK?

I uploaded a 0.2 version with the IP check disabled. Let me know if this works.
robc Wrote:Outstanding! Very nice start.

I couldn't resist, I added all of the TV shows to the array. This list is full and works on my xbox.

While testing this out I realized your code does not yet take into account for special characters. I ended up stripping out all specials such as ',$,-, etc. Quite a few titles use them, although not sure which ones in particular were causing the problem. I would definately suggest pulling the array out of the python file and putting it into XML. Maybe one XML file for TV and one for Movies.

Sadly, I don't have the latest T3CH build yet, so none of the shows played for me. But the whole list did show. Downloading latest build now....

Thanks for putting this array together, as you can see it is an alpha release. I was focusing more on just getting it to work. Adding features will follow, hopefully some python guru's can help speed development.
Sorry if I'm somewhat noobish, but what should we do to make this run? I put the Hulu folder in the video plugins folder. Tried running it, but nothing would play. Do I have to enable some settings or some other thing of which I'm unaware?

Edit: Apparently, I'm not up to date on my builds. BTW, has this been tested on Xbox because that is what I'm running on, using Mediastream with reduced quality textures.
funkmasta Wrote:Sorry if I'm somewhat noobish, but what should we do to make this run? I put the Hulu folder in the video plugins folder. Tried running it, but nothing would play. Do I have to enable some settings or some other thing of which I'm unaware?

Edit: Apparently, I'm not up to date on my builds. BTW, has this been tested on Xbox because that is what I'm running on, using Mediastream with reduced quality textures.

Yeah copy the Hulu folder to the video/plugins directory. You do need a recent build that supports rtmp. I am running the latest T3CH build on my xbox.
zoltar12 Wrote:I wanted to group all the episodes for a show. Without having to enter a search by hand each time or just get the shows from the main page, this was the fastest way to do it. I will probably add a search function and a way to enter favorites in a later release.

Scrape the list from here http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/episode and here http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/feature_film

They even have it set up so you can grab individual genres.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Quote:Thanks for putting this array together, as you can see it is an alpha release. I was focusing more on just getting it to work. Adding features will follow, hopefully some python guru's can help speed development.

No... thank you! Didn't take long at all. I downloaded the latest build, added your plugin with full array and everything works great. Figured that could be a stop-gap for now.
zoltar12 Wrote:I uploaded a 0.2 version with the IP check disabled. Let me know if this works.

No joy i am afraid!!

All the categories load but the actual video won't play!!

Its such a tease seeing all the top programmes listed infront of you but not being able to watch them!!Sad

Keep up the good work and hopefully a uk version will be released one day!
Well, not sure how you can overcome this other than using some US based proxy. I'm assuming Hulu isn't that stupid to allow a simple query parameter to allow/disallow access to the videos. I would guess they filter based on ip Smile

Good luck...
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1