• 42(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
I've installed the new plugin and it does work (Xbox), though there are episodes that are missing that were there before. For instance, there are no Office episodes currently available. I also have PlayOn and they are still showing up there.

Still we are back on the right track
Just upgraded my Xbox to XBMC-SVN_2009-01-25_rev17349-T3CH and then upgraded to d4rk's Hulu script and no go. Initial top-level entries display, i.e. Movies, TV Shows, Most Popular, etc. but sub levels won't pull-up. Anyone else see this too?
Hmm great plugin, using this on Apple TV, just one problem some shows, like the office, only the clips show up no full eps or webeps. I tried the plugin from crichton his shows the shows, but it doesnt play, also when I put my username and password in to the settings, then the plugin doesnt start at all Sad... works on the website and since you can see the username/password I know its right Smile
Running since XBMP
rwparris2 is the author of the Hulu plugin (and many other awesome plugins), not me, so please direct all praise his way.

If you're getting errors, it's likely due to improper installation. The plugin should be installed in the /plugins/video subdirectory (under the XBMC home directory of whatever OS you're using). Please check the wiki for installation instructions.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

d4rk Wrote:rwparris2 is the author of the Hulu plugin (and many other awesome plugins), not me, so please direct all praise his way.

If you're getting errors, it's likely due to improper installation. The plugin should be installed in the /plugins/video subdirectory (under the XBMC home directory of whatever OS you're using). Please check the wiki for installation instructions.

I don't think it is an install issue. I see the same omission. I'm in the right directory(plugins\video). I've deleted the old version completely. And I've been able to successfully stream shows through the plugin. But "The Office" Episodes are not there for me and it seems like others. I did use the .zip referenced earlier in the forum. Maybe I'll try getting it straight from SVN.
You can dowload the subscription version of the v2 plugin at

http://xbmc-hulu-subscription.googlecode...ptions.zip

Many thanks to d4rk and all those for getting hulu back up.
sion28 Wrote:For better or for worse, this "dirty" hack is all over lifehacker.com and the boxee forums.
http://lifehacker.com/5157615/how-to-rei...u-in-boxee
http://lifehacker.com/5157524/bring-hulu...e-and-xbmc
http://forum.boxee.tv/showpost.php?p=37563&postcount=27

D4rk, you're FAMOUS! ;-)

Haven't had a chance to try it out myself, but thanks for the work anyway, and that goes to everyone else besides just D4rk who helped figure out a solution. Here's hoping y'all find a more robust/elegant solution, too.

(EDIT) I just watched SNL's clip "REALLY?!?! - Michael Phelps" and had a good laugh. New plugin is working for me (classic xbox). Thanks again!

Oh noes, that can't be a good thing of us.
hrcolb0 Wrote:You can dowload the subscription version of the v2 plugin at

http://xbmc-hulu-subscription.googlecode...ptions.zip

Many thanks to d4rk and all those for getting hulu back up.

Thanks, this newer release fixes the "Python Script Failed" error I was getting.
So what does the subscription plugin do? I've also seen that a lot of arrested develoment eps don't load...
Please bear with me as I'm a complete noob (in regard to XBMC). I've read the wiki and several pages on this forum, as well as a few other sites, and yet can't get this to work. I'm using the latest Windows version of XBMC. I've copied the Hulu folder to the proper location, I believe:

When I go to XBMC, everything seems to work fine. I can browse Hulu videos (though I've noticed some odd occurrences while browsing) and everything seems to work right up until it is time for the video to display. The screen will go black and the mouse will freeze wherever it is. I have to kill the process in task manager (says "Not Responding" as well) otherwise it just stays frozen.

Browsing through the plugin settings, I noticed that I could enter my Hulu login information. I thought that maybe this was the problem and put in my login info. When I do this, however, I can't even browse videos (I get a "Remote Share" message which states "Could not connect to network server."

Am I overlooking something basic or is this a known issue or...? Thanks in advance.
Alright well, it's 3:30 am where I am and it seems that we've been thwarted in the early morn again, unless I'm mistaken. For me on the Jan 25 T3CH build i am no longer to access the episodes (much like last time where the culprit was the PIDs). I tested both the dirty patch and the subscription update. Both plugins result in the same symptoms. Can anyone confirm a similar issue and whether or not it's the PIDs again?
Yes there are PID related changes, they changed the decoding algorithm. The AS call approach still works, YAY! They didn't change much in the code for decoding algorithm, I looked at updating the python file but I didn't know what shift and unshift did.
Rainbow 
EDIT: This was last night - this morning it as stated not working at all..

Anyone else notice that you only get about five min of playtime before the steam stops? Like watch carrier and in five min you'll be back at the episode list?

--oh and what about nova? the subsection is listed but no episodes are visable )-:

----do not get me wrong this is great to see it working just wish it worked like before...
*edited*
angrycamel Wrote:Bummer...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=149...stcount=50
A thought occurred to me concerning gnash...

There is a Win32 distro of the Gnash project and it looks like the dependencies are compiled into .dll. I am not an XBox or Flash developer, but Xbox seems to have no problems accessing dlls, so perhaps a port of gnash would be as simple as taking the dll dependencies and recompiling the executables as .xbe.

Before I spend any time on this, does anyone have any input that would save me from a massive waste of time?

On second thought, after seeing how XBMC invokes dvdplayer and mplayer, it appears the exe's would become dll's as well...

EDIT: I couldn't get the windows distro to successfully run player.swf with the same URL that was successful in the browser(Though it did make a good attempt). I suppose a port of that distro which is back a few minor revisions won't quite do the trick.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1