• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
never merged
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5246
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
darkspur Wrote:I can't get this to work:

21:21:28 M: 34877440 ERROR: CDVDDemuxFFmpeg::Open - error reading from input stream, rtmp://cp39465.hulu.com:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vh
ost=cp39465.hulu.com&auth=daEc2blaPddaPc3dyd2dBcUbzcVagdBa.aU-bjrB8I-8-0oGBsFqYBzr&aifp=NS20070910&slist=content/39484/12/684/HuluTr
anscode_53070_44444_FLASH_480K_16x9_29_97__gTF64gUAOkiGRblThRM1pQ;.international=false
21:21:28 M: 34877440 ERROR: CDVDPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

This is with a fresh install of XBMC 12-07, the one included on the AID 4.40 install.

This is a known bug in the rtmp library. That is why some shows will not play. I am submitting a fix.
Burncycle Wrote:If you watch a show all the way to the end, it freezes on the last frame and I need to restart the box.

I think this was fixed in one of the latest builds of xbmc.

Burncycle Wrote:No rewinding, and any fastforwarding quickly runs down the buffer which causes a lot of glitches. Typically the audio and video fall out of sync for a while.

Any support for this would need to be in the rtmp library. Might be still buggy.

Burncycle Wrote:I was watching one tv show and had it paused for a really long time (20 min maybe) and when I resumed, it played for about a second and quit to menu. I was able to replay it fine, but without the aforementioned ability to fastforward,it was a bit of a drag.

Similarly, if you navigate to the flash file, but wait a long time to start it, then it won't work. You have to back up a menu and go back in. I suspect that Hulu is using some expiring token that lasts 15mins or so.

I think the streams have a limited lifetime, so you are probably hitting that limitation. Not sure if there is anything I can do in the plugin.

You will have to backup a menu to replay, as the menu item has a one-play only url attached to the menu item. Backing up to the quality menu and selecting again will refresh the url.

Thanks for your testing.
Temhil Wrote:Hi guys,

Great project!
Just to let you know I tried outsoude US the 0.2 of the plugin, on Xbox and on Windows, I was able to navigate, get the thumbnails, but no video.
If you need logs, please let me know.

If you could post the logs, that would be helpful. Also if you know how to use wireshark to capture network traffic, a capture of ports 80 and 1935 would be helpful.
ticket tracking number added to first post
I have loaded the plugin on to my Xbox with XBMC atlantis. I see the menu but nothing will play.
Also, Will Hero's and Prison Break be available?

Thanks for all the good work to all involved.
Great effort but it does not work for me

not even Family Guy

I am in US
zoltar12 Wrote:Ticket for the fix, with the code. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/5492 This may take some time to make it into the next build, so you may want to get the latest from svn and compile you own.

** If no shows play and you are in the US, you will need to update your version. Family guy should play if you have a version with rmtp support.
This is probably why. I will try to get a build tonight with this patch, unless Jester or Ikons beat me to it.
Will it work with Atlantis XBMC?
Cheers,
New build on the way with patch from 1st post. Seems to be working for me. Sometimes the buffer takes a loooong time to fill up and play though. Which cache setting is it using? All mine are set relatively low (nothing more than 1024) and most streaming content fills the buffer within a second or less.

rev 16580 with rmtp patch.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/t3gtnmwlwx...0-rmtp.exe
The latest T3CH SVN build doesn't support RTHP I'm guessing . . . Does anyone know if there is an xbox build out there (maybe via a certain ftp server . . .) that supports RTHP?
JCDoe Wrote:The latest T3CH SVN build doesn't support RTHP I'm guessing . . . Does anyone know if there is an xbox build out there (maybe via a certain ftp server . . .) that supports RTHP?

Show me any media center that supports "RTHP" and I'll mail you a cookie.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I've already watched two episodes of Family Guy with this plugin using my xbox and the latest t3ch build (dec 7, 2008). I'm in the US, so I don't have to worry about proxies though. The buffer on the internet is set to 4096 and everything else is the xbmc default.
(top to bottom in kb: 256, 2048, 2048, 4096, 256, 256, 256, 2048, 2048, 4096)
I meant RTMP, smarty pants . . .
The latest T3CH build has it
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1