• 40(current)
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC
I'm far from knowing how to code but just wanted to ask if the "remedies" described above are OK for the lay man (if so I need a lot of help!) or do I need to wait for changes to be released in revised script? Thanks - I really appreciate all the XBMC folks do - its truly a great ap!
Oh - definitely wait!

I imagine a good solution will be implemented in the main script at some point. For maximum compatibility with all platforms and the X-box, we might need to host the wrapper swf file somewhere and just let the XBMC Hulu script perform one more call to that wrapper, the hosted wrapper can access it's own local copy of the sec.swf file to actually perform the decryption. That might be a fair amount of processing though, depending on how popular it is. Plus, I don't know about the legality of hosting that.

The best solution would be if some actionscript wizard could figure out the real encryption method, then just implement that in python.
It isn't working for me. I am sure I am passing the decrypted pid. I am not sure if I have a good enough version of xbmc to run the hulu plugin. The version that I am using is the one in the ubuntu PPA. Can someone tell me how to easily determine if I have RTMP support or install a version on ubuntu rather easily that has RTMP support?
Maybe people can tell me if I am on the right path, I am getting this as my url for Heroes
<code>
rtmp://cp39465.hulu.com:1935/ondemand?_fcs_vhost=cp39465.hulu.com&auth=daEapdebWcrc2c9bWdnc6dZbbaNducBbhb1-bjNLFX-8-1qJCzEu0Ezn&aifp=NS20070910&slist=content/39478/14/37/HuluTranscode_62967_67850_FLASH_480K_16x9_23_976__4QUNdySS10G5XSLx+f6Ahw</code>
I've uploaded a "dirty" patch to rwparris2's Hulu plugin, which decrypts the PID and restores functionality for the time being. You can grab it from here if you're interested.

EDIT: You can download the patched plugin from here.

EDIT2: rwparris2 is the author of the Hulu plugin (and many other awesome plugins), not me, so please direct all praise his way.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Hey, I've got it running right now on the Xbox. Awesome job so far guys! I had some errors when ftping it so I used the file manager in XBMC to bring it over. Otherwise, not bad. Laugh
Rainbow 
how do we keep this "just for xbmc and not boxee jerks" Cool
we dont
d4rk Wrote:I've uploaded a "dirty" patch to the Hulu plugin, which decrypts the PID and restores functionality for the time being. You can grab it from here if you're interested.

EDIT: You can download the patched plugin from here.

Awesome work! Re-implementing the decryption in Python is about the best fix we could hope for!
ptaylor Wrote:Awesome work! Re-implementing the decryption in Python is about the best fix we could hope for!

For now, yes. However every time Hulu puts out a newer version of sec.swf we will have to race to get it ported and distributed. It would be much better to actually just run the sec.swf (in a wrapper) by downloading it directly from the Hulu site in XBMC. This is what rectalogic is working on testing out with gnash.

Any progress on that rectalogic?
Integrating with XBMC through the JSON-RPC interface?

Try the JSON-RPC Browser

d4rk's fix works for me. I guess by 'dirty' he is refering to the errors I seem to get when running the plugin. When initially starting the plugin and subsequently every link you click after you get the error: "Python script failed: special://home/plugins/video/Hulu/default.py" but the end result is still a playable show or movie. Thanks d4rk! Big Grin
On Mac OS 10.5.6, I get a hang and require a force quit -- nothing in the log.
angrycamel Wrote:It would be much better to actually just run the sec.swf (in a wrapper) by downloading it directly from the Hulu site in XBMC. This is what rectalogic is working on testing out with gnash.

Any progress on that rectalogic?

Yes, have it working with gnash.

Now I'm looking at using the swfdec library. I think I can write a small C app that will directly load sec.swf and invoke the dec() function - so we won't even need any intermediary actionscript - just invoke dec() inside sec.swf from C code.
Python wrapper for swfdec:-

https://launchpad.net/pyswfdec/

Now we should be able to call the swf directly within hulu ..
Thanks to d4rk's hard work we now have a working version in SVN. Good job man!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
Great job guys, I've been waiting for a script that works on my xbox. One question however, is there any way to get subtitle/captioning streams for us deaf/hard-of-hearing people? Some shows on the site display subtitles when turned on, so I was wondering if it was possible for this plugin to display the subtitle streams. Smile
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Hulu (Video) Plugin for XBMC1