Keymap.xml seems to be getting ignored
Hi,

I'm trying to come up with a way to eject the DVD drive from XBMC. It seems that for some reason the Eject button in the interface does not do the trick. Also, I'd like to use the button on my remote.

So my first question: how does XBMC determine which drive to eject and how does it do it? (As the xbmc user calling 'eject /dev/sr0' works fine).

Second, I am trying to either map the Eject command from XBMC or a custom script to a button on my keyboard and a button on my remote. For some reason I can't add new buttons or something because putting the following in userdata/Keymap.xml seems to do nothing - but even worse, editting /usr/share/xbmc/system/Keymap.xml doesn't do anything either (ofcourse I am restarting XBMC between attempts).

Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <record>XBMC.EjectTray()</record>
      <eject>XBMC.EjectTray()</eject>
    </remote>

<keyboard>
      <u>System.Exec("eject /dev/sr0")</u>
    </keyboard>
  </global>
</keymap>

I have looked at the logs and they don't mention anything wrong with my XML. So where is everything going wrong?
Update: the eject problem is related to the DVD in the drive, when I insert an audio CD it works fine.

But nobody can explain why I can't add buttons to the remote definition? Am I the only one on linux using a remote here??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap.xml seems to be getting ignored0